Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Working for a UK based company from Germany

Toggle
Hi all,

I am living in Germany for about 8 years now and I have the Niederlassungserlaubnis. I am being offered a Job from a UK registered company with an office based in Germany (not registered as a company in Germany). MY question is:
- Can I work for this company with the current NE or do I need to apply for workpermit with the UK govt?
- Secondly, which country labour law will apply UK (company can easily fire.. less secure) OR German (Better job security).

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.
Vaibhav
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Working for a UK based company from Germany
Answer
6/11/11 6:34 PM as a reply to Vaibhav Vaid.
Hi Vaibhav,

sure you can work here in Germany for a foreign company, no problem. I do not know about this company so you should pay attention that they pay the social contributions for you and that the salary taxes which they will deduct from your money will go to the right place, the 'Finanzamt'.

You do not need a work permit but the company needs a taxnumber and a so called 'Betriebsnummer', even if it is only a dependent branch of a UK Company.

German laws will be the legal basis for every one who works in Germany.

This is no legal advise, just my opinion!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3