Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Can i get my WP and my dependant visa at the same time?

Toggle
Hi All,

I have been deputed to Germany. I have just applied for WP, and the visa cell in my company said it would follow pre-approval process, and i also have the pre-approval letter (after waiting for 8 weeks).

Now i have 2 questions:-
1) Unfortunately my DOB in the pre-approval letter is wrong. When i pointed out to our visa cell folks, they said i can carry the same letter and just let the counslar know that i was a typo error, Is this answer acceptable? or should i re-apply and wait for new letter with correct DOB? which would take 8 weeks again.

2) I want to take my wife and my 1 yr old daughter along with me, and we want to go all at once. Is that a possibility? As i am being told that mine is a pre-approval process, and theirs would start only after our interview is over. We are going for the interview together on 1st or 2nd week of April. When can i expect all visas to arrive.

Thanks a lot,
Sreeram
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Can i get my WP and my dependant visa at the same time?
Answer
3/22/16 12:58 PM as a reply to Sreeram Chandrasekar.
Hi Sreeram,

1) I think, they will accept it. otherwise they will let know other posibility options. (German embassy really helpful at this case). You can confirm by sending an email to VISA team.

2) Yes you can appy together and you will get at same time. Even I have applied last week for my wife at same time when I was applied. So, I asked them about this question.

Thanks
Ashok
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/16 8:35 AM as a reply to Sreeram Chandrasekar.
Hi All,

Need an expert advice :

Is it possible to apply visa for my work deputation and my family reunification visa in parallel? 
My visa is filled for deputation by my employer. Am i allowed to apply of my family unification visa ( wife is German) in parallel ? Or there is a a waiting period ? 

Regards,
A
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/16 9:26 AM as a reply to Ashok Alexandar.
A BIGGGG NOOO. Most of Schengen countries have one visa application at a time policy. You have to cancel existing visa (whatever) and apply for new one. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/16 8:18 AM as a reply to hprj.
Hi HPRJ,

Thanks a lot !
I got my WP approval and going for stamping. Once the Visa comes , Ideal case will be travelling on the Visa issued for work permit  But it is contigent up on the project starting on time . 

But in case of a delay in project starting hence deputation can i apply for family Reunification (spouse)?

Thanks a lot 

Regards,
A
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/16 9:19 AM as a reply to Ashok Alexandar.
Yes of course. Since stamping is already done, the consulate cancels it and process new visa. This is how it works man. Good luck and do update us once you are here in Germany.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/16 10:33 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi HPRJ,

I Travelled to Germany on my deputation and currently working in Frankfurt. Can you please guide me how and when to do family unification in Germany ? 

Thanks 
A
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3