Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Blue Card Application Process & University Degree

Toggle
Hi. My name is Adler from Taiwan and I have 2 questions related to the application process of a Germany Blue Card.

1.If I have received a job offer in Germany that match the requirement of Blue Card, in which country can I apply for the Blue Card? Can it be done directly in Germany after I receive the offer? Or do I have to go back to Taiwan to apply for it in the local consulate, and get back to Germany after it is issued?

2.One requirements of the Blue Card is a “university degree”. However, I don’t know if it is necessary that the degree has to be related to the job I am employed? Because I am looking for a software engineering job but I am a Bachelor of Art in English Literature (I switched to IT industry after graduation).

Thanks a lot! 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue Card Application Process & University Degree
Answer
3/17/16 1:41 PM as a reply to Adler Hsieh.
1. If you are a visitor here then YES. You have to go back and apply. Before you do this, better to check with foreign office once.

2. Yes or No for this. Probably other experts have something to say?
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/17/16 1:59 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi HPRJ,

Thanks for your quick reply. However, when you said "if you are a visitor" did you mean that I have to go back and apply ONLY under the condition that I'm holding a tourist visa? I mean, does that make a difference if I am holding a job-seeker visa (Arbeitssuche)?

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/16 4:21 PM as a reply to Adler Hsieh.
In case you have job seeker visa then you can apply regualr work permit or blue card here itself. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/16 4:25 PM as a reply to hprj.
Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124