Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship for my child

Alternar
Citizenship for my child
Respuesta
2/02/06 15:45
Hello everyone,

I need some information and help. We came to Germany in August 2002 and we had a baby in October 2002. I wanted to know if my child is eligible for citizenship when we get the permanent residency visa in 2007? I ask this because she was born here in Germany. Can she get the citinzenship in 2007 when we get our NE?

Please let me know who can help us to get clarity on this and we need to do something soon.

Thanks

JS
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Citizenship for my child
Respuesta
2/02/06 16:40 en respuesta a Jyoti Suri.
She will be eligible for citizenship when you would have made 8 years in Germany (in fact it will be because *you* will be eligible) not before, even if she was born here. When you will get NE, she will receive no NE but just have a visa til 2018.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Citizenship for my child
Respuesta
2/02/06 16:57 en respuesta a Jyoti Suri.
wel this country says "by blood" not "by birth"!.
From one of my uncles children I came to know that
when (s)he turns 16 years then (s)he can apply for the citizenship regard less of in which country they will be living.I guess this is the reason why our kids get the VISA up to there 16th B'day at the time when we get our NE.
thinking about that much far makes me feel that I am getting old :-))

Ajay Suguru
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18