Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Fahrerflucht
Answer
8/27/09 5:15 PM
Hi,

Three days ago, i slightly scratched a parked car. I did not notice that and I left. After i was at home, I realized that I have done something wrong when i saw the scratch on my car as well.

I went back, but the car was not there.

Now, I heard that... I can be fined + fahrverboten. Can anybody share that how much it can be ?. Till now, I have not recieved anything.

Anybody having some expereince with Fahrerflucht. ? If Soemonce contacts regarding this to me, how can i go with this to have minmium penalty ??

Regards,
Zeeshan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Fahrerflucht
Answer
8/27/09 5:50 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
Hi ,

Just wait till you get any letter from Police or go the police station and inform them what happen.

I would suggest wait a bit and see if something comes up. If you don´t get anything than forget about it. As soon as you get any letter or something which tells that you did it than go to the lawyer rather than going to police station.

You will be fined if it is proved it is done by you. They need some witness to prove it. You will not get Fahrverbot.

Next time be careful during parking and moving your car out of parking.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Fahrerflucht
Answer
4/23/14 3:52 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
Hi Zeeshan ,
Can you tell what happened next in your case, One of my friend had the same problem 3 days ago. He could not find the parked car there. Did you reported it or waited for someone to get back to you.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Fahrerflucht
Answer
4/24/14 10:28 AM as a reply to baba shankar.
babashankar:
Hi Zeeshan ,
Can you tell what happened next in your case, One of my friend had the same problem 3 days ago. He could not find the parked car there. Did you reported it or waited for someone to get back to you.

It's always better to report immediately to Police. 3 days is a longtime and should have some strong reason for not reporting to Police on-time.

Not finding the parked car which was damaged is not the reason to escape form the duty of reporting to Police. If your friend didn't find the car which he damaged, he has to file a general compliant that his car is damaged and he suspect that he hit a car in the parking which he didn't notice.

If it's a parkhaus there are chances of "Überwachungskamera" where it would have been recorded.

As per laws every incident has to be reported otherwise its considered as Fahrerflucht. Leaving a note on the windshiled alos doesn't help.

If nobody complians about the incident then it's fine or else will be in big problem.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18