Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Transfering visa

Transfering visa
Respuesta
22/03/05 10:26
Hi guys,

Iam a greencard holder who had a passport, valid until end of october 2005.I applied for a new passport & got my new passport today.

Do I need to Transfer the visa from the old passport to the newpassport .

Is it okay to travel outside Germany with the visa in the old passport itself..

Thanks
P
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Transfering visa
Respuesta
22/03/05 10:48 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
1) Yes you should visit your Ausländerbehorde and take both, old and new pass.

2)No it is not to recommend.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/03/05 10:55 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
Thank you Bili..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/03/05 11:17 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
This procedure is called "Übertrag aufenthaltserlaubnis". Cost was something like 10-15 euro and is fairly simple.
Your old passport is now invalid. If your passport is invalid according to AufenthG your AE is also invalid. Visit ABH immediately.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/03/05 11:50 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
HI

INDIAN PASSPORT

In my passport almost leaflets are getting empty and its little damaged too. So i wanna apply for new one .

1,Can i know the process to apply for new passport or get extra booklet .

2, HOw many days it take.

3, You can drop me a personal mail fiveohg@yahoo.de

Pac
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/03/05 13:22 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
hi all,
i am in the same situation but i cant get away from work. does anyone have any idea if one can send the old passport via DHL and get a new one???
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
22/03/05 14:00 en respuesta a Sultan Mohammed.
Hi,

I did this couple of years back in the Indian Consulate in Frankfurt. I bet that these guys who work in the consulates are nuts!!!but they some how did their job in issuing me a new passport witn ECNR( my old passport was still valid but the pages were empty). it took only 3 days time and they were suppose to sent the passport by post( when i called after 3 weeks to enquire about status , they said they dont have my German address. It was clearly written in the application form andin the envelope. Thats why i call them nuts :-))

Next, when my passport expired last year, i submitted all my old passports and had to wait for 1 month till i get a new passport( They need to get an approval from RPO, chennai) Then they issued me a new passport and this time they lost my envelope and they were hesitating to pay money for the stamp. But i called them and i told that it was their fault) Interestingly, they asked my marriage certificate.. I dont know why??? ( Nuts again!!!)

For the last few cases, i applied not in my juridictaion as the guys never knew where my city was located, i was very close to FRA but as per Internet( as i am from Bayern) and telphone they asked me to apply in MUC. But no one ever cares to check which city is located in which state

I also applied passports for my kids here and they told me by phone that my wife can stay at home but when i went directly they asked me to come with my wife and kids.. They also told me that my marriage is not valid!! Ha ha!! but i shouted like hell and then they didnt ask any documents( In my passport, Name of spouse is clearly stated) but they dontt care!! they simply have to justify their job by asking some wierd questions

So happy applying in the Indian consulate.

But without these guys, India is never a funny.. Afterall we are fun loving people:-)

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3