Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Citizenship and pension money

Toggle
Citizenship and pension money
Answer
6/1/08 4:19 AM
Hi All,

What would happen if I take citizenship and then quit it after some(lets say 5) years to go back permanently to my country of origin.

What would happen to my pension amount. Would I be able to get it back then?

Did you have any information about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship and pension money
Answer
6/2/08 1:13 PM as a reply to Prasad Chaudhari.
Hallo *,
<<
Deutsche Staatsangehörige:
Für Deutsche ist eine Beitragserstattung regelmäßig nicht möglich, da sie auch bei Aufenthalt im Ausland zur freiwilligen Versicherung berechtigt sind.
>>

Source:
http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung-bund.de/nn_11798/SharedDocs/de/Navigation/Rente/Ausland__Rente/Beitragserstattung__node.html__nnn=true

Please, if someone would like to give some link, where more detail is given, would be helpful.

Viele Grüße,
A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/08 5:49 PM as a reply to Prasad Chaudhari.
Once you get german citizenship and if you work for more than 5 years you will be getting your pension only at age 65.

"I was originally a German national, but am now a US national. I worked and paid pension insurance contributions in Germany for 8 years prior to emigrating. Am I now entitled to have my entire pension paid to me in a lump sum?
Contributions will not be refunded in this case, because you paid contributions in Germany for more than the five-year minimum period. You are entitled to claim a German pension when you reach the age of 65. Whether or not an earlier claim is established depends on the amount you are contributing to your American pension insurance plan.

" This is from FAQ from deutsche-rentenversicherung website

Here is the link http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de/nn_107152/DRV/en/Navigation/servicebereich2/faq/international__node.html__nnn=true

go through the FAQ and you will get some idea about the pension.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/08 12:56 AM as a reply to Prasad Chaudhari.
Hi All,

Thanks for the answers.

Best Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7