Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Recipes

Getiing Work Permit for New Employer

Toggle
Getiing Work Permit for New Employer
Answer
6/20/08 5:41 PM
Hello All,

I am here in Germany for almost 2 years now. I have Aufenthaltserlaubnis for my current employer which states that I can work only for him on this. It is expiring next year.

Now I had received an offer from a big company in Germany for a permanent position. Hence I had resigned from my current company and on a notice period of 3 months.

I have contract letter in my hand from this new company. My new employer had also made a check with their local employment agency and confirmed that there are no German applicants for the said position.

Now on coming Monday I have to go to the Auslanderbehorde for doing the visa application. I have few questions:

1. Exactly which visa application form should I use? Is the form available at the following link fine?
http://www.germanembassy.org.au/de/informationen/service/visumsantag_aufenthaltserlaubnis.pdf
Or do I need to use a different visa form? Please suggest.

2. I believe I should do the applications for me and my family together. Please let me know if this understanding is correct.

3. I believe I need to carry the following docs with me..
a. Passports
b. Appropriate application forms
c. Contract letter from company
d. May be my resignation letter
e. Biometric photographs
Kindly suggest if I need anything else to carry.

Please reply at ur earliest convenience as I have go there on Monday.

Thanks very much.

Mihir
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Getiing Work Permit for New Employer
Answer
6/20/08 6:28 PM as a reply to Mihir Joshi.
Hello Mihir,

One thing is for sure, regardless of whether your company has done a market survey for equivalent German applicants or not, Ausländerbehörde will rerun the checks from their side. This I am telling you from my personal experience and it took more than 2 months for me to get the visa from the date of my application :-(

To answer your bulleted points:
1. The form seems to be correct - only that the one you get at the Amt has a different colour. I don't think this could be a problem.
2. I am assuming that your family is fully dependent on you and this is clearly mentioned in their passports. If so is the case, then you need to apply only for yourself. They need to check your credibility. Once they are satisfied and your visa is through - the job is done.
3. Besides what you have mentioned, you should carry your
- Rental Contract and the Anmeldung copy
- Health Insurance contract

Resignation letter - I don't think you need this. Besides, there is a 1-page form called "Agentur für Arbeit - Arbeitserlaubnisstelle", which your employer has to fill up for you. This has to be submitted too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/20/08 7:14 PM as a reply to Mihir Joshi.
Dear EssKay,

Thanks very much for your answers. That really helps me a lot. I have further questions...

2. I am assuming that your family is fully dependent on you and this is clearly mentioned in their passports. If so is the case, then you need to apply only for yourself. They need to check your credibility. Once they are satisfied and your visa is through - the job is done.
In such case, how my family's residence permit would be taken care off? I believe normally dependent person visa dates are aligned with those of the earning member's. Please advice.

Now the fact that the new job is in different city hence i would rent an aprtment there when i move there. I have the current housing contract. Is that fine.

What is Anmeldung copy?

Also for the health insurance, with the new employer i wud go with AOK and with the current employer I have group insurance policy. Please suggest.

Resignation letter - I don't think you need this. Besides, there is a 1-page form called "Agentur für Arbeit - Arbeitserlaubnisstelle", which your employer has to fill up for you. This has to be submitted too.

I have the doc which u had mentioned filled and signed/stamped by my new employer.

Would really appreciate the quick response as u just did.

Thanks for all ur help.

Regards,
Mihir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/20/08 8:07 PM as a reply to Mihir Joshi.
Hello Mihir,

Here are my answers:
In such case, how my family's residence permit would be taken care off? I believe normally dependent person visa dates are aligned with those of the earning member's. Please advice.

What I meant here is once your visa is through, your headache is gone. In my case, the day I got my visa, I applied for the visas of my wife and my child and got them immediately. Just had to wait for another 1 hour or so.

Now the fact that the new job is in different city hence i would rent an aprtment there when i move there. I have the current housing contract. Is that fine.

What is Anmeldung copy?

Also for the health insurance, with the new employer i wud go with AOK and with the current employer I have group insurance policy. Please suggest.

Anmeldung is the copy you get from the Town Hall where you have done your Address Registration. You must have one.

Now shifting to a new city is a bit tricky, in the sense that it would further extend your processing time. Papers from your current city will be send to your new city and rechecked. Better to avoid changing your home town during the processing (if possible).

I have the doc which u had mentioned filled and signed/stamped by my new employer.

Would really appreciate the quick response as u just did.

Thanks for all ur help.

Regards,
Mihir
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7