Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Is the spouse of a blue card holder eligible for Niederlassungserlaubnis

Toggle
Is the spouse of a blue card holder eligible for Niederlassungserlaubnis
blue card niederlassungserlaubnis spouse pr
Answer
2/4/16 1:45 PM
Hello All,

My husband is a blue card holder, we have now been here in Germany for almost 3 years. I was under the assumption that when he applies for PR I too will be given the same status. However, I cannot see any information on what would be the spouse's residence status when the blue card holder gets PR. Will the spouse have to meet any additional requirements for PR?

I have a university degree, worked for a short time but quit due to health issues. Currently my residence permit is valid for the same duration as his Blue Card.

Uma
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Is the spouse of a blue card holder eligible for Niederlassungserlaubn
Answer
2/4/16 4:06 PM as a reply to Uma Unnikrishnan.
Your case would be treated in totally different way from your husband's. It is highly not possible to get PR along with him. However, you will get after you reside here for 5 years, show B1 certificate plus any social contributions. 

In best possible case (B1 already), you may get unlimited residence permit but not the Niederlassungs. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott