Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
hello!!
Answer
12/15/05 1:17 PM
Hi Friends,
I have a peculiar request and question from a friend of mine. His wife is a housewife and living in Germany and her sister is living in an Asian country and has a 1yr old kid but she is really sick and undergoing treatment. Hence, she is not able to take good care of the kid along with her treatment... Is there anyway she can get a 1yr or more visa for the kid so that the kid can stay with my Friends family for a year or two..
I hope anyone of you would have some inputs to this unique but serious situation....
0 (0 Votes)

Re: hello!!
Answer
12/15/05 1:34 PM as a reply to rav zem.
I don't think it works. Remember this is Germany! Usually there is something like "family reunion" visa but this is only meant for husband, wife and their kids living in two different countries. It is strange that parents of a kid in Asia cannot find a relative or a friend for nursing. Which country in Asia is that???????
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 3:26 PM as a reply to rav zem.
hi babloo,
Thanks for responding. She is actually from Singapore. All the relatives although not many,,, have their own jobs and cant really expect them to give up their jobs for her. Since her own sister is not working and has lot of time at hand. she is thinking of offering her help if possible...
good day!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 3:39 PM as a reply to rav zem.
@bizzare

..... Is there anyway she can get a 1yr or more visa for the kid so that the kid can stay with my Friends family for a year or two....

Yes there is a special visa called Au-Pair, she can get that for 2 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 3:58 PM as a reply to rav zem.
Akshay,
The mother wouldnt be staying for long. Only the kid...So, the Au-Pair wouldnt work:-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 4:01 PM as a reply to rav zem.
@bizzare

Doesn't matter once the Au-Pair is here, the mother can go for vacation. The Au-Pair can take care of the kid (Husband???) :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/05 4:42 PM as a reply to rav zem.
what a confusion? It is kid who is looking for visa not the kids mother. This visa is given to adults and therefore it is not possible.

The word "Au Pair" is a French term, which means "on par" or "equal to", denoting living on an equal basis in a reciprocal, caring relationship between the host family and the children. An aupair will typically be a young woman and sometimes a young man from a foreign country who chooses to help look after the children of a host family and provide light housekeeping. The aupair is given room and board and is typically paid a weekly "pocket-money" salary. Aupairs generally stay with their host family for one year.
source: http://www.greataupair.com/visas.cfm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/19/05 11:10 AM as a reply to rav zem.
Another option, Just adopt the child.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18