Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

EU Blue Card - Country of application

Toggle
EU Blue Card - Country of application
Answer
1/31/16 9:41 AM
Hi All,

I am an Indian Citizen, currently living & working in Australia on work visa. 

I am about to set out on annual vacation(1 month). Just few days before, I have now recieved a susbtancial offer from a German organsiation to work in Berlin. They would like to start the processing asap. 

I am eligible for EU Blue card visa. What I need to know is, where the application has to be lodged from. I assume I need to go to a German embassy for biometrics...

Do I have to lodge the visa from Australia (country where I am residing & working for 2+ years) or can I lodge my visa in India (my home country).

If I have to do it Australia, I may have to delay my vacation. Can I apply & attend interview in India ?

Cheers,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EU Blue Card - Country of application
Answer
2/1/16 9:27 AM as a reply to Arun Kumar.
Congrats arunkumar and welcome to Germany.

Normally where you are living for past 6months that location only you are eligible to apply. 

For e.g., Suppose, if you belong to chennai and work in mumbai for past 2 years, your valid embassy is mumbai only not chennai.
Hope my answer helps you.

regds
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EU Blue Card - Country of application
Answer
2/1/16 10:36 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks Moon,

I called up the local German consulate & I got the similar answer.

Cheers,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3