Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Residence permit for new baby

Toggle
Residence permit for new baby
Answer
10/23/06 4:54 PM
Hi,
My wife and I have temp residence here (currently in second year) and we will have a baby soon. What is the procedure for obtaining a residence permit for the baby? Do I need to get her a passport first or should I do something with the authorities before getting the passport? Or will something happen automatically since the hospital and birth certificate issuing people will know status of the parents (I was thinking maybe they contact residence permit people who would contact me....)?
thanks for help,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Residence permit for new baby
Answer
10/23/06 7:54 PM as a reply to David Robertson.
Hi,

What kind od visa you have ? are u a EU citizen ?

Normally the residence permit will be same as the parents, first you will get a birth certificate from the Local office (Landratsamt for example),based on this you will register at you country`s embassy for the passport,then go tothe ABH for the chils visum.

Matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Residence permit for new baby
Answer
10/23/06 8:01 PM as a reply to David Robertson.
I am Canadian with Aufenthaltserlaudnis. What you wrote sounds correct to me. My wife is Russian and I think Russian embassy wants to see baby's residence permit before giving a Russian passport (not sure about that) which is strange. Anyway I'll get Canadian passport first anyway, probably so no problem.

Thanks for answer.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18