Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

What does H+/- mean on ANABIN?

What does H+/- mean on ANABIN?
Answer
1/21/16 9:28 AM
Hi,
I applied for the blue card and the officer did not accept my applicaiton because my university was rated as H+/- on ANABIN. He told me I need to get my degree recognized but he really did not guide me how?
He said since I have the job contract in hand it should not take more than 2-3 weeks (otherwise it takes 3 months). Is that correct?
The company I will work for is in Freiburg. Do you know where I should go to get my degree recognized? I have a loooot of links on the internet which just confuse me. Please let me know the steps.
Thanks for the great website and contents.
David
0 (0 Votes)

RE: What does H+/- mean on ANABIN?
Answer
1/21/16 11:04 AM as a reply to David.
Hey, Please find the details below

Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen (ZAemoticonPostfach 2240
53012 Bonn
GERMANYThe required documents are as follows:-       legally notarized copy of your credentials-       if your credentials are not in German, English, French or Spanish you will additionally need a German translation processed by an authorized interpreter-       copy of your secondary school leaving certificate (high school diploma)-       copy of your ID (e. g. passport).

Please note that the processing time can take up to 3 month and you will be required to pay a fee (ca. €200).As anabin is a growing database and is filled with results from the ZAB, your university and degree will be added to it, should you choose this option of evaluation.If you have any further questions please contact the Central Office of Foreign Education at the following telephone number: +49 228 501-664.
    0 (0 Votes)

Answer
    1/21/16 4:29 PM as a reply to moon mal.
    0 (0 Votes)

Answer
    1/23/16 12:26 PM as a reply to David.
    Contact the ZAB directly:

https://www.kmk.org/service/anerkennung-auslaendischer-abschluesse/zeugnisbewertung-fuer-auslaendische-hochschulqualifikationen/bewertungszweck-blue-card.html
    0 (0 Votes)

Answer
    11/16/19 12:42 PM as a reply to David.
    Hi,

I recently put together a guide for searching the Anabin database that may be of help! You can see the guide here:

How to Check if Your Degree is Recognised in Germany Using the Anabin database
    0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
    Stars: 39
    Date: 3/9/19
    VAK
    Stars: 124
    Date: 2/25/18
    trust 7
    Stars: 3
    Date: 1/22/18
    Ame Elliott