Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

ABMELDUNG

Toggle
ABMELDUNG
Answer
9/16/09 11:25 PM
Dear Frnds,

While I was in Germany I could not Unregister(Abmeldung) the house registration in my local ABH.

Can I do that now from outside Germany, By a Phone Call or Email?

Because I am returning to Germany would it be a Problem since I have not done the Abmeldung?

Your answers are appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: ABMELDUNG
Answer
9/17/09 2:45 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
Hi,

it depends on where you were registered, but normally you can do the Abmeldung by mail (You can find some info here: http://www.meldebox.de/ummelden/einwohnermeldeamt-abmelden/).

The maximum penalty for failing to do the Abmeldung varies according to which State you are registered in but it can be as high as 1000 €. You can go to wikipedia (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldegesetz) to see the penalties that each state has (look for Ordnungswidrigkeiten).

That said i have never heard of anyone being fined (or caught) for this, but it could happen. I guess it is because the communes sometimes get money according to how many people they have registered?

Regards,
-a

P.s. This is not legal advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: ABMELDUNG
Answer
9/17/09 5:04 AM as a reply to Akil Kom.
Thank You for the Info.

I went through the web links that you gave. But it is no where specified about the Penalty or fines.

As I understood from the link in WIKI , its clearly says that " You have to De-Register only when you are permenently going out of Germany". is that true?

Could you please give me the link where I can De-register Online.

Thanks Again.

Akil.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3