Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Tax estimate 2016

Toggle
Tax estimate 2016
Answer
1/11/16 1:11 PM
hi..
i am trying to calculate the tax difference on a brutto 54k yearly and 61k yearly.. The tax category is iii without any church tax..

According to my info, above 52k , for family, tax varies from 15 to maximum 42%..
can anyone please help?thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Tax estimate 2016
Answer
1/11/16 2:36 PM as a reply to Samy.
Hi,

try this website. I use it always. If you go deeper inside, using the left menue, you will find different methods and something in English too:
http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?lohnst2015.htm

Bye
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/16 9:34 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks a lot..
just 1 more question..i will start working in germany in feb2016.  In january i will be continuing my job in usa..i will pay my income taxes in usa for the month of january,,,how does that affects my taxation in germany? Does the tax return becomes complex since i will also get income in usa for january??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/13/16 2:06 AM as a reply to Samy.
Hard to say, those things can get quite complicated. In any case in Germany you won't be taxed directly from the money you earn in the US (no double taxation). However total amount of money you make in a year from all sources all over the world (provided that you report them) combined can affect the percentage of income tax you pay here in Germany. Usually this is a very small difference so I guess it won't be even taken into account.

Much more important is, however, to report everything correctly to German tax office. Bring all financial documents from US for year 2016 that you can, just in case. Usually no need to translate or to provide originals. Then you can show them to German tax office and pay according to their directions.

What I'd do actually, if you are willing to pay a bit extra, is to consult a Steuerberater here in Germany. Thereby you will have no problems with authorities and consultants usually find a way to spare you some tax money.

For 2016 taxations, reporting deadline is May 2017, extendable upon your written application till end 2017 and automatically extended without application when you do it via a tax consultant.

Have a nice day and welcome to Germany,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18