Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

daily shit.

Toggle
daily shit.
Answer
4/9/05 11:57 PM
Hi all,

I get everyday surprised here in germany. I went to a new Post office today to ship a small package, so I go and park on the Post Office parking lot and run inside to ship the package while my kids are waiting in the car. % minutes later as I come back I have a ticket on the windshield for 10 Euros. Well it turns out that the Post Office has rented the Parking Lots to a private co., which employs or is owned by some retirees, and they are busy all day to write tickets. Oh of course there is a small ticketing machine, 1 euro for 30 minutes hidden in a corner of this parking lot and else no indication. Now that I call a service friendly country. And the package, oh well, 32 euros for a 2100 gram package by ground to the US, a real good deal.

I don't want even to talk about this huge hospital that treated my son a few month ago, it has exactly 25 parking spots and some of them are reserved for the doctors. So the Motto is if you are planning to come to the hospitl please leave your car home and think twice about going there.

Oh well, I am REALLY glad to be leaving this country after almost 5 years, I have got approx. 90 days and counting it.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Re: daily shit.
Answer
4/10/05 1:10 AM as a reply to Mark Johnson.
One old guy told me he has been living here in Germany for 35 years and he saw 95% of his friends, relatives or acquaintance who immigrated to Germany during that time could not hold their identities well and didn't like the idea of continuing their stay in this part of the world so your case is not exceptional. This old guy survived from the cultural barrier and I think you need to compromise a lot to stay in Germany and for me this is annoying. For those who think Germany does not experience immigrants for a while here is the link and find out yourself the truth.
http://www.umich.edu/~iinet/journal/vol2no3/ozdemir.html

I am sorry for all kinds of German bashing but could not resist myself you know.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/05 2:08 AM as a reply to Mark Johnson.
I truely think germany is economically and socially on the downward trend and it can't be reversed because of many factors including their out of date pride.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/11/05 12:25 AM as a reply to Mark Johnson.
Best is to wait and watch.Anyways i think it wont be that bad in major cities in the western part (apart from Bayern, as I always visited but never worked there)Yeah some cities as mentioned in the report posted by Babloo, will remain controversial as eastern part is more politic centric rather than economic.
But i still think we can sustain couple of years as things dont seem so bad yet.
Other are welcome to represent their own opinions.
Have a great week ahead.
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3