Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa

Toggle
Family reunion visa
Answer
1/7/16 12:59 PM
Hello all,

I would like to share my experience regarding the spouse reunion visa. My husband is a Blue card holder. My husband was applying for Blue card first time. He applied on November 11, 2015. On the same day, he got the decision. To begin with, I have been staying in Finland for the past 6 years. I am an Indian citizen. Hence my place of residence was Helsinki, Finland. I applied for spouse reunion visa at the German Consulate, Helsinki on 18th November 2015. List of documents which I had to submit

1. Completed application forms.

2. Copies of the passport of my husband. In addition, the letter stating that he is a Blue card holder.

3. Copies of my passport with all the pages with entries.

4. Copy  of the Certificate of Marriage (I didnt provide any translations, My certificate was in English).

5. Proof of valid health insurance (In my case I am covered by the Finnish Healthcare system, so I showed my KELA card).

6. Valid Finnish residence permit.

7. Copies of my Degree certificates.

8. Copy of the rental contract in Hamburg, Germany.

On 26th November, my husband got the letter from the Local Visa office at Hamburg asking him to submit the documents.He submitted the documents on 1 Dec and I got the visa on 5 January 2016.

List of documents which my husband had to submit.
○ Copy of Passport and House Registration Certificate.
○ Copy of Work Contract and letter from employer.
○ Salary statements for the past 3 months.
○ Letter from AOK.
○Copy of  rental contract.
○Copy of our Marriage Certificate. ( We had the apostille stamp done 3.5 years ago). 
○ Statement indicating that this is our first marriage. 

We didnt face any problems in the whole process.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Family reunion visa
Answer
1/7/16 12:55 PM as a reply to Ann P.
Dear Ann,

thanks for sharing your experiences! This can be helpful for many other trust7 members.

Good luck for your time in Germany

Detlef emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/16 9:18 PM as a reply to Ann P.
Hi ann..thanks for this information.. I have an appointment for my blue card application very soon..what certificate/document did you provide to prove that it is your first marriage?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/16 10:21 PM as a reply to Samy.
Hi Samy,
My husband just provided a self declaration document stating that its first marriage for both of us. This was enough for the visa office.

Good luck !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/16 5:38 PM as a reply to Ann P.
Hello Everyone,
I have been working in Switzerland and my husband in Germany. In Nov'15, we had applied for a family re-union visa at the German embassy in Bern. I was asked to submit a language certificate as well which I did in the month of Jan'16. I had however read online that if I possess a Degree certificate, a language cert is not required. Nevertheless I did submit the document to the embassy. We were told that the standard time required to get the Family re-union visa is 8weeks. Its been more than 12weeks now. 
The only reason I am worried is my Swiss permit expires soon and I am also 5months pregnant. Doctor says I should avoid long distance air travel to India. We are really under great stress at the moment.
The Visa officers in Germany said they have given their final decision on my case to the Bern Embassy last week. Its been 1week since that was done and we still have no reply. I am wondering how long it takes for the embassy to communicate the decision given by the german officers. 

Can  anyone provide any pointers here if you have had similar experiences!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott