Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Question on child born

Toggle
Question on child born
Answer
12/7/08 12:49 PM
Hi,
I have a question that could be answered by some one from the forum. If the parents are both Indians and they get pregnant. What will be the citizenship of the child born in Germany if the delivery happens in Germany. As far as USA, the child gets automatically US citizenship, but I am not sure about Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Question on child born
Answer
12/7/08 1:05 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Indian ofcourse, but if one of the parents have NE or lived legally for 8 years, then the child is eligible for Citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/08 2:26 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Thanks for the info, in that case the child born will be Indian. But how does the process goes ? i.e. will the child born in Germany get Indian passport from Germany or the parents have to take the child back to India to issue Indian passport.
Also the new born child will require German visa also, how does that happen, i.e. from India or from Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/08 2:50 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
If the child is born in Germany

- Indian passport from Indian embassy in Germany.

- get the birth certificate and contact the ABH in Germany for residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/08 6:07 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
@lrosy10

If the parents are both Indians and they get pregnant....

That is highly improbable, but you can never know nowadays.

What will be the citizenship of the child born in Germany if the delivery happens in Germany....

He could get german passport if you are to prove a german contribution in this incident. It hardly matters if you are married to an Indian.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/08 6:45 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
what a nonsense reply from Aksay.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/08 9:40 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Hi,

Me and my wife both are Indians living in germany for around 8 years now, and have two children both born in germany.

- for the first child Indian citizenship as were less than 5 years at that time. in your case take the Birthcertificate will be given also in english for Indian Embassy and apply for passport,get the visa stamped at ABH.

- the second child got DE citizenship,
criteria for this has been explained by raj.

hope this will info will help.

- what a nonsense reply from Aksay.
ignore them . ..

have a lot of fun ..
Matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 3:16 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
@matrix: for your 2nd child, did you have NE or citizenship or none?

So if one of the parents has NE at that time, the child is given a German passport no questions asked?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 10:40 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
@AxEnNeSo,

No questions asked for German passport.

Matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 7:57 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Is it not that the atleast one parent should have lived in Germany for 8 years AND also has NE?

In the nationality law § 4,
''(3) Durch die Geburt im Inland erwirbt ein Kind ausländischer Eltern die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein Elternteil

1. seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im Inland hat und

2. freizügigkeitsberechtigter Unionsbürger oder gleichgestellter Staatsangehöriger eines EWR-Staates ist oder eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis-EU oder eine Niederlassungserlaubnis besitzt. ''.

Me and my wife had NE at that time of our child's birth and they didn't issue german passport by referring the above law since we completed only 6 years.They told we should satisfy both the above conditions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/08 8:13 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
§ 4

(3) Durch die Geburt im Inland erwirbt ein Kind ausländischer Eltern die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein Elternteil

1. seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im Inland hat und

2. ein unbefristetes Aufenthaltsrecht oder als Staatsangehöriger der Schweiz oder dessen Familienangehöriger eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis auf Grund des Abkommens vom 21. Juni 1999 zwischen der Europäischen Gemeinschaft und ihren Mitgliedsstaaten einerseits und der Schweizerischen Eidgenossenschaft andererseits über die Freizügigkeit (BGBl. 2001 II S. 810) besitzt.

Looks like the rules are changed. Maybe you can try again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 3:47 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
@Raj,

There is a 'und' at the end of condition 1 and both 1 & 2 conditions should be satisfied in § 4,3.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/08 4:22 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
yes, you are true. I did not see that you were only 6 years here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/08 6:30 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
"If the parents are both Indians and they get pregnant...."

How can both parents get pregnant?

Tehehehe....
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7