Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Tax related - Second house / temporary residence in other city

Toggle
Hello friends,

Some of my friends recommended this forum and have joined very recently. I look forward to receive responses from tax experts.

Thanks in advance for your time, help and suggestions.

My wife recently got a job in another city. For the same, she will be staying in a WG in the new city till we find a new house. We plan to relocate to the new city.

My questions are regarding tax claims -

1. The WG room involves some renovation cost.
Can these costs (against bills) be claimed as expenses (one time)?

2. We come to know, my wife can claim 'expenses incurred due to being away from home / husband' for work reasons depending on the number of hours.
eg - food expenses

I do not know the exact name of this clause in German. It is related to the number of hours a person is away at work.

Any idea what this is ? Is it applicable in my wife's case ? Any links to this clause ?

3a. During relocation - apart from petrol and cost of Transport wagon, what other expenses (eg packing material, house cleaning, painting) can be accounted as expenses?

3b. Is there a relocation Pauschal that we can claim as a family / my wife (separately) if we decide not to hire professional services for our relocation.

Best Regards,
Raj n Laxmi
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax related - Second house / temporary residence in other city
Answer
7/21/08 9:09 PM as a reply to Rajlaxmi R.
Hello experts,

Awaiting some experts comments for my wife's case.
Please respond.

Thanks,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 12:48 PM as a reply to Rajlaxmi R.
There are lots of possibilities to claim, so if you dont want to loose on something, consult a tax-consultant beforehand. He will give ideas and tips about bills which you may have to follow.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 2:01 PM as a reply to Rajlaxmi R.
Just based on my moving from Mainz to Berlin in 2004, don't know if things have changed:

"1. The WG room involves some renovation cost.
Can these costs (against bills) be claimed as expenses (one time)?"
, Not as far as I know but you can get it deduced from your rent if you can get an agreement with your Landlord, I did it.

"2. We come to know, my wife can claim 'expenses incurred due to being away from home / husband' for work reasons depending on the number of hours. eg - food expenses. I do not know the exact name of this clause in German. It is related to the number of hours a person is away at work. Any idea what this is ?", yes it's the double house-holding law or something in that kind but it's only valid for 6 months if I remember well.

"Is it applicable in my wife's case ?", yes
"Any links to this clause ?", No, sorry

"3a. During relocation - apart from petrol and cost of Transport wagon, what other expenses (eg packing material, house cleaning, painting) can be accounted as expenses?", nearly everything, except what you spend renovating the old house.

"3b. Is there a relocation Pauschal that we can claim as a family / my wife (separately) if we decide not to hire professional services for our relocation.", no idea but you can claim that money. You won't receive back all of it though.

But better than all, see a tax consultant, I'll get you better information.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/08 5:01 PM as a reply to Rajlaxmi R.
Hello friends,

We really appreciate your time and prompt responses to our questions.

We already consulted a tax-consultant but he did not give any good suggestions emoticon emoticon
Hence we are talking to friends and experts (like in this forum) to find out.

Any advice on good tax-consultants esp. for Relocation and second house matters

or advice based on personal experience ?

Thanks & Regards,
Raj n Laxmi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/08 4:24 PM as a reply to Rajlaxmi R.
>3b. Is there a relocation Pauschal that we can >claim as a family / my wife (separately) if we >decide not to hire professional services for our >relocation.

Hi Raj, I think you can claim around 500 EUROS if the move is made out of the business reasons (like getting a new job).
Cheers, Ana
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18