Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

About Room Sharing Income

Toggle
About Room Sharing Income
Answer
12/11/11 11:27 PM
Hello Experts,

I need advise from you.

Currenlty, I am living in a renting appartment and this appartment is about 30 meter saquare.

As I am living single in this appartment so I thought to share my room with this I can share my rent.

What me and my room mate did?
We made a contract and in this contract we mention all the terms and condition that how much he will pay me money monthly it'S 400 Euro and sequrity deposits.

Further he also transfer this contract to his company back in India as a proof that he is now having new appartment.

I have sign this contract and he also sign this contract. I also mention my bank details in this contact.

I would like to know is this is the right or legal way in Germany?

As I am not owner of this apparment, but I make the contract of sharing the appartment with our understanding.

Is is the right and legal way to do in Germany?

In addtion, I also inform this process to my landlord and she said this is fine.

I will get about 400 euro of deposit now in my account and I am paying about 800 Euro for this appartment.

Will I have to pay tax on this 400 Euro which I am getting from my room mate in my room monthly?

Please advise!!

with best regards,
Munich Indians
0 (0 Votes)

Re: About Room Sharing Income
Answer
12/12/11 12:48 AM as a reply to Hello Germany.
everything will be ok if you taken written permission of you landlord and he/she allows two people with no extra cost. you dont need to pay tax becuase you are sharing the resources.

disclaimer: i am not legal expert.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/11 4:57 PM as a reply to Hello Germany.
Thanks

Well I don't have any written permission from landlord. But she dis't ask me extra charges.

So, my question is do I need to pay taxes if money comes in my account about 400 Euro.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/11 6:47 PM as a reply to Hello Germany.
as i said you dont need to pay the taxes.

but be careful, many on this forum will agree with me that german landlady are least to trust when it comes to renting their flats. German landladies are very very nice when it comes to renting their flats to foregners then suddenly behave worst when vacating the flat, they will try to cough up whole of your deposits by unnecessary excuses. So deal in writing, if you dont have anything in written she is very much entitled to sue you that you are sub-leting the flat without her permission. Just get you original contract modified with nr of people renting the flat.

disclaimer: i am not legal expert.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/11 8:18 PM as a reply to Hello Germany.
i will advice let landlord or landlady do the agreement and add both the names in contract.

Even one of you can pay rent or you can pay 50-50 to owner.

Normally on the owner's contract, no one ideally should make one more contract. You should check with the German rules, if it is allowed.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18