Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Consultation regarding House Rental Contract

Toggle
Hi,

I have been looking for an apartment to rent in Hamburg since 3 months and yesterday, I got a confirmation. However, there are a few questions I want to ask before signing the contract. 

Background:
The previous tenant had showed me the house, but the problem was that she had removed all the lights and only had a bright torch to show the rooms. Today, I had requested to go and see the house again and to discuss about the "übergabeprotokoll".

I have informed by the previous tenant that tomorrow we will sign the new rental agreement with the owner and then we will be provided by an appointment for the "übergabe" (handover) of the house in the next few days. I would like to do the "übergabe" preferably on the 4th of January. 

One of my colleagues is helping me with the process of understanding this complicated process. Today upon visiting the house again, I discovered a few power sockets not working and a few places where the floor was broken etc. I would like to mention those in the "übergabeprotokoll". But, I am not sure if the personnel from the housing agency will chose to use my words for the protokoll or completely ignore my suggestions.  

My question is, if I am not satisfied with the überabeprotokoll and refuse to sign it, will I be able to immediately cancel the contract ? Can somebody give me a legal opinion about this issue ?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Consultation regarding House Rental Contract
Answer
12/23/15 2:30 PM as a reply to Anupam Ashish.
Never sign a contract in Germany if you are not sure of anything. Get the übergabeprotokoll first or do it on the same day when you sign the contract.
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott