Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Status in Germany after 4 years

Toggle
Status in Germany after 4 years
Answer
10/13/07 8:56 PM
Hello all,

I would appreciate if someone of you could throw light on my dilemma. I had been following the threads here though I am new here.. and now am interested in knowing how does it work for me ?

In fact I would like to get some opinions of you people as my consultation with my lawyer (with whom I have a flat rate contract for foreigner issues) was so much informative.

I worked in Germany in R&D in a university from 07.2003 to 06.2005 with "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" and 'paid no taxes' as I was on a research fellowship. Later, since 06.2005 till now (10.2007) have been working in a research firm on "Aufenthaltserlaubnis 18 AufenthG" which I will continue till 07.2008 as it is a contract for 3 years.

It means by now I have already finished 2 years under "Aufenthaltserlaubnis 18 AufenthG". So is there anything that I could do now to improve my workpermit/visa status in Germany ?
(I heard, I could get BE..
1. can anyone throw light on how to proceed with the ABH and
2. how does it help in applying for NE, NE-EG and citizenship later ?)

By 07.2008 I would have five years in Germany with last 3 years in "Aufenthaltserlaubnis 18 AufenthG". I plan to goto higher studies for one year in UK soon after that.

3. Is there anything I could do to still keep myself in-line for NE, NE-EG... in Germany though I leave Germany for one year soon after I finish 5 years over here ?

4. Will I be eligible for NE, NE-EG after I finish 5 years with first 2 years with "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" and 'havnig paid no taxes' as I was on a research fellowship ?

Thanks in advance
Bala

PS: this online community is so helpful, I would like to thank whoever who setup this means of dialogue and discussions.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Status in Germany after 4 years
Answer
10/16/07 3:49 AM as a reply to Balaji Renukumar.
2. how does it help in applying for NE, NE-EG and citizenship later ?)

its more a sort of insurance, in case you have to change your job

3. Is there anything I could do to still keep myself in-line for NE, NE-EG... in Germany though I leave Germany for one year soon after I finish 5 years over here ?

Yes, you can do one or two things:

1) (if you don't get to receive the NE) extend your title for two years before you leave
and
2) ask the ABH for permission to leave Germany for a year, showing that you are going to study (and from its nature not a permanent thing)

also, it doesn't hurt to come back to Germany a couple of times during the year in the uk.

rgds,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3