Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse Visa Process for Blue Card Holders - Explained

Answer
12/10/15 9:26 PM as a reply to David.
Hi David, my answers in your mail  below:

David:
Hi OMKAR,
Thanks for providing very precise information. I hope you can share some of your experiences with me for my case. I got a job offer from a company in Germany and now need to plan my move to Germany with my wife. After talking to the consulate of Germany in Malaysia and also a lot of research I was informed about the following process:

-I provide my documents including the job offer to the consulate here in Malaysia where we live and they give me a 3-month visa to Germany only to me.
Not true. I have friends who applied with full family for visas in India and moved with their families to Germany. As long as you can prove that you earn enough and will be able to have accommodation for all family members, you can apply jointly for visas.
-I will enter Germany, rent an apartment, and apply for my blue card (which I qualify for) and get it after 2-3 months. During this time I am not allowed to work. (Is that correct?)
Not true. I started working within a couple of days of arriving in Germany. The temporary visa contains work authorization.
-I will send an invitation to my wife and she will need to go through a family reunion visa process and join me within another 2-3 month.
Not required if you apply together.
So as I understood the whole process from the time I leave Malaysia till my wife joins me there it takes about 4-6 months. Is that correct?
This really varies from place to place. I got mine quite quickly. But people I know had to wait some months esp if you apply for the full family.

Apparently this does not work for me and I need to either go with my wife together or at least take her there within maximum 2-3 months after I leave. I hope you can help me with your experiences. some possible ideas are: (please let me know if these are possible)

-Idea 1: When I am going to Germany with my short-term visa I also take her with me on a Schingen tourist visa and then when I get the blue card, I will send her back to our home country so she starts the process for her reunion visa.

-Idea 2: When I get to Germany with my short-term visa I immediately apply for the blue card and get back to my home country and wait for the blue-card process (2-3 months) to finish. Once I get the blue card I go to Germany and my wife also immediately applies for the family reunion visa.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/15 9:28 PM as a reply to P S D.
Hi,
I think you have no choice when you apply for a visa. It is usually a 3-6 month validity National visa which contains work authorization. When you arrive in Germany you can apply for a Blue card.
P S D:
Hi,

I have an offer from a German employer and now want to apply for Visas for myself and family. I am eligible for a Blue card. 
Which Visa type do I apply for ? Is it the Entry Visa for Blue card? 
Can I apply for myself and my Family at the same time? 
Is it possible for us to enter Germany together?

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/15 12:25 PM as a reply to Omkar.
Thanks OMKAR for the information. I need to get in touch again with the consulate here and see if they can help.
My employer-to-be is kind of not taking any responsibility in the visa process. The main reason is because they don't have the experience. In other words I have to take care of the visa process on my own both now and in the future. This somehow scares me because I am not sure what happens throughout the process and whether I can do it alone.
What do you generally think about this? Are there anything specific they will have to take responsibility for? I mean other than providing the job offer. I want to delegate some stuff to them if possible just to also get a feeling how responsible they are about this visa process.
I have two more questions:
-Question 1: I heard other than the EU Blue Card, there is also a "work authorization" my employer is to get best in advance. here is more information: https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/web/content/EN/WorkingandJobSeeking/WorkinginGermany/Detail/index.htm?dfContentId=L6019022DSTBAI776745
any idea what this is?
-Question 2: After getting the 3-month short term visa I have to quit my job here and leave for Germany. Is this shor term visa also a guaranty that I will get my Blue Card? How can I reduce the risk of both losing my job here and also not getting the Blue Card there when I apply for it in Germany?

Thanks in advance. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/15 8:06 AM as a reply to Omkar.
Hi Omkar,
Thanks!

I will be applying from Singapore. I have an Indian Passport but eligible to apply from Singapore. And I have been informed that there is a visa type called "Entry Visa for Blue Card" which I guess is a short term work authorization but based on the fact that the candidate is eligible for blue card. For this they have asked for an approval letter from Germany - which my employer will apply for and send to me. 
Once I get that I will apply for me and my family together. 

I have a specific query on the visa form. In the form they ask about adress where you are going to stay? What is expected here? most of us will not have anything confirmed until atleast the visa is approved, isnt it? Does any one have an idea?
Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/15 10:02 AM as a reply to P S D.
For the address you can simply put the one from your host or employer coz it is quite obvious that you will find permanent accommodation only after moving to Germany. This worked for me.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
8/25/16 8:42 AM as a reply to Omkar.
Omkar:
kiran_1:
Hi all
My husband had applied for blue card as he got employment contract in Germany.we appeared for interview on June 30,2015 at Chennai consulate in India.His visa got approved within a week ,whereas my family reunion visa application has no response yet .its about 7 weeks now and no email has been received from consulate.has anybody faced a similar situation.? Pls share your experiences. What shall I do? Shall I wait for some more time or shall I contact the embassy?? Please help

Hi kiran_1, I have at least 2 friends who applied together with their spouse and children in India and all were issued visa simultaneously. So your case is peculiar. I have no answer to that. Did you husband fly to Germany and has he received a BC already?
Have any idea if I need to get a separate appointment for my wife and child when visiting German embassy for interview?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott