Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit and Daueraufenthalt-EG

Toggle
Work permit and Daueraufenthalt-EG
Answer
12/10/15 9:10 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have some questions related with Visa ,please provide me correct information
I am working in Germany since 8 years. I finished my PhD here and join post doc , have family and 2 kids. I  never tried for Daueraufenthalt-EG because I was too much busy with my research and family.
Now I realized I need to apply permanent residence permit. But my visa officer said No it is not possible. I was job loss only from sep-dec this years. Again starting from 1.1.16. I have A1 telc language certificate. I am highly qualified.
I pay tax last 8 years. my wife also worked but she has always spouse visa. she is lso highly qualified. I am interested to know what exactly I need to get Daueraufenthalt-EG ??
There is possibilities to go to UK for  or 2 years. I am confused with my visa.

Thank you.
Bhola
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work permit and Daueraufenthalt-EG
Answer
12/11/15 10:17 PM as a reply to Bhola sen.
If you currently don't have a job contract, if you are unemployed at the moment it is not possible to get a permanent residence.

There are different types of permanent residences. Daueraufenthalt-EG is hard to get. You can apply for a different permanent residence, I'd go for paragraph 18b. There is also paragraph 18, and another one that is given to EU-Blue card holders after 2 years. You should inform yourself more on these topics, then you'll know which rights you have. If you ask me, 8 years of work where you paid insurance should be enough, however as far as I understand you don't have a job at the moment. When you get your contract at 1.1.16 you can try again.
0 (2 Votes)

Answer
12/12/15 4:50 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
Thank you for message and information. I understand at this moment No. But My visa officer said even after I started working she can not issue.  So I want to know exact requirment? Now I want to know why she said NO for next year also.

I have Telc A1
PhD degree from German University.
I worked as wissenschaftl mitarbeiter since 2008 and Only for less than 6 month this year unemployed. Again I am going to Work from 1.1.16. I have good academic achievements.

What I should do guide me?
Thanks

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/15 6:47 PM as a reply to Bhola sen.
If you especially asked for Daueraufenthalt-EG this is hard to get and maybe she said no for that. And also with an A1 certificate you cannot get permanent residence as far as I know, unless you have blue card. You need at least B1. Next time ask her exactly what you need to do in order to get a permanent residence. PhD+8 years of work should be enough to qualify you for permanent residence unless they are being very hard on you. If she isn't cooperative at all try contacting a lawyer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/15 7:57 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
Thank you for information.

As I understand for highly educated person German language is not necessary still I have A1 and going to give B1 in February.
http://www.bamf.de/EN/Willkommen/Aufenthalt/WichtigeInformationen/wichtigeinformationen-node.html

It will be so kind of you if you get some confirm information about language requirement.

Thank you once again.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18