Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Social Visa Rejection - Further Steps

Toggle
Social Visa Rejection - Further Steps
Answer
7/29/07 10:42 PM
Hi All,

I wanted to invite my parent-in-laws to Germany for a social visit. I prepared all documents like invitation letter, insurance etc and sent it to them. They applied for visa in Germany Embassy, Chennai, India. Surprisingly, my father-in-law was issued the visa while mother-in-law's application was rejected.

I am not able to find any good reason why the Embassy rejected my mother-in-law's application. I kindly ask you all if anyone of you was in such a situation and share what possibly I could do in this situation.

Regards
Abalag
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Social Visa Rejection - Further Steps
Answer
7/30/07 1:48 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@abalag

...my father-in-law was issued the visa while mother-in-law's application was rejected.

Very simple, someone at the embassy remembered his own mother-in-law and made an attempt to save you from the agony.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/07 2:03 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Any one could inform me what is Social VISA ? Is it different from tourist VISA..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/07 3:21 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@abalag

simple: just call the Embassy and ask why they didn't gave the visa, it's your right to know and they obligation to tell why.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/07 1:55 AM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@everyone

My freind also had a situation wherein his mothers Visa was rejected. When asked they said "As Per German Law , we are not supposed to give you a reason, but you can reapply the visa"

Here he lost his VISA fees, plus teh ticket cancellation cost. This also happened in German consulate in Chennai(Madras).

Its a pity but you know Germany has such a big rush that nobody cares about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/07 12:49 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Well, as far as I know, *per German law*, when my wife got her reunion visa refused back in 2002, I called myself the Embassy down in my home country and they told me "well, there's first a problem with the birth certificate of your daughter and the apartment you have in Germany won't be suitable for you 3 to live in there" so I asked my wife to get the birth certificate problem fixed and I took a bigger apartment and she then applied again and received her visa 3 days after.
Maybe German laws are different applied to a country or another.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/07 4:47 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
NoBody, what size was your apartment back then? (if i may ask)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/07 6:31 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Dear Akshay,
If it is Okey for you then I would like to have your contact details as I find you Witty
Write to me at girish1973us@yahoo.com

@nobody : Your are talking about your family reunion visa where as Abalag is asking for his parents.These are both different situations
For Family reunion visa you can call N number of times at the embassey they are bound to give you
status

take care
girish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/07 11:25 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@NoBody: Thanks a lot. People like you keep this forum running. Really appreciate your efforts.

@Akshay: you are really funny but your comment doesnt help any further. Maybe you should save such wits for the future, never know this kind of situation might happen to you too.

Regards
Abalag
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/07 4:05 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
"it's your right to know and they obligation to tell why"

There is *NO* such obligation.The consulate officers may or may not tell the reason to refuse/deny your visa application.

It is not mandatory for them to give a reason. If they provide a reason, consider yourself lucky. This is not really different for other Schengen countries like Spain etc.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/07 3:22 AM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi All,

Just an update from my side: my mother-in-law re-applied and this time the visa was issued. The problem was that her leave plans ( issued by her office ) and flight plans were not matching when she applied the first time.

Regards
Abalag
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/07 2:31 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@Abalag

May God have mercy on you.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3