Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

EU Blue Card wth 12 months Contract

Toggle
EU Blue Card wth 12 months Contract
eu blue card
Answer
12/4/15 11:48 AM
Hi Bloggers,

I am an IT consultant working with an IT firm in Germany as a Permanent Employee from last 1.5 year. I came in Germany in 2014.I am non EU national so I hold a blue card. I am trying to change my job here .I got an offer to work with a Firm which is giving me a 12 months contract but with a daily Rate of 400 Euro. And I will be deployed to it's one of the client location. My questions are:
1.Am I Eligible to work on this arrangement with a Blue card?
2. What is definition of valid work contract in terms of blue card other than minimum salary limit i.e. Mandatory social security contributions by employer, Mandatory insurance contributions by employer?

I really appreciate a quick help as i have an urgent decision to make.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EU Blue Card wth 12 months Contract
Answer
12/4/15 12:40 PM as a reply to Sameer Chaudhary.
Hi,

no problem from the visa/work permit point of view. You have to visit your local foreigners office with the new contract and ask them to change the employer in your permit. As long as the minimum salary will be paid it should not be a problem.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/15 1:59 PM as a reply to trust7.
Dear Detlef,

Thank you very much for your valuable input and support.
I was reading few other blogs where it was referenced that Blue card is not meant for any temporary employment. And the temporary employment is where there are no mandatory contributions by employer and you have to manage everything on your own i.e. insurance contributions.
I just checked with my agent and in my new job offer I will be paid only a daily rate and no other benefits(as for a permanent employee) for 12 months(which may extend further). Can I still work on it?

Best Regards
Sameer
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/15 2:18 PM as a reply to Sameer Chaudhary.
Hi again,
if you got an offer for a freelancer contract, you can NOT accept it, because your work permit is only for permanent employment!

A limited employment contract is one thing, a freelancer contract is something different. You can contact your foreigner office and ask if they change your type of visa into a freelancer (Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet) one, but usually they do not do it before 24 month of regular work and even than, it is not sure that they do it.

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/4/15 3:10 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef,
I got your point now.I believe i should not take this offer.Thanks for your guidance.

Sameer
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18