Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

New Blue Card - Staying in Germany after quitting the job

Toggle
Hi everyone,

Since July 2015, I've been working in Germany with a Blue Card.  Both my Blue Card and my resident permit are valid until July 2019.  Now I want to quit the job, and stay in Germany to look for another job.  I know I need to inform the Ausländerbehörde.  How should I proceed to achieve what I want?

1/ When can I inform the Ausländerbehörde?  Before or after my last day at work?
2/ How can I convince Ausländerbehörde to give me permit to stay longer in Germany?  I have some money in my bank account and my insurance, is it all?  What kind of permit I should ask for?  Is [url=]this permit to look for a job something I should prepare to apply for?
3/ I'm insured by TK and currently I'm paying about 350euro/month.  My employer is paying another 350euro/month.  What will happen when I quit my job?  Do I have to pay the 700euro/month myself?  If so, how do I switch to a more reasonable option given that I'm not gonna have any income?

Thank you very much for your time.  I'm looking forward to your insights.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: New Blue Card - Staying in Germany after quitting the job
Answer
11/27/15 12:15 PM as a reply to Zi.
Hi,
I guess your Blue Card is bound to a company, so if you quitt your job, your visa is invalid! 

Your future will depend on the mood of the case worker at your foreigners office! It is not guaranteed that they extend or change your visa into a job search visa.
I strongly recommend not to quit your current contract before you have signed a new contract! Then it is easy to change the employer as long as the new contract fulfills the Blue Card rules.

If you stay in Germany without a job you have to pay the basic amount to your health insurance which is about 160,- € or so. You can google the exact amount or call the TK.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3