Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa: husband is a German citizen

Hi, My name is Roshini. I am an Indian Citizen and dont want to change that emoticon.
My husband is a German citizen who has been working in India- Bangalore for the last 3 years on an expat contract from a German company.
We have been married for 10 months now and know each other for all of the 3 years he's been here.

My husband and I would like to shift to Germany.
He wants to work there. Its his home afterall and wonderful as India is, its not his home.

I need information regarding the documentation required from the both of us to see this through.

The Chennai German Consulate website has information regarding only reunion of spouses with their foreign counterparts. Nothing for German citizens wanting to bring their Indian spouses to Germany.

1. Does he need to BE in Germany before we can start the application process in India.
2. Does he need to show the same documentation otherwise asked of foreigners for reunion (House agreement, registration, Work contract, payslip etc)
3. Can we apply for the reunion while he is still in India?

These are the only hicups i see as of now.
I have cleared the A1 and A2 language certification courses required from the Goethe institute.

Any clear information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Family reunion visa: husband is a German citizen
Antwort
26.08.11 13:58 als Antwort auf Roshni Stender.
Actually you could apply right now! Concerning your questions:
1. No, he does not need any BE or any sort of work permit (this is meant for foreign people as he is German so he does not need that).

2. No, he does not need those papers. Your mentioned papers only require if the spouse lives in Germany, i.e. the following paragraph applies (source: http://www.chennai.diplo.de/contentblob/2301784/Daten/793434/download_visa_InfosheetFamilyReunionSpouses.pdf):
If your spouse is already living in Germany:
· A4 sized copy of German Residence Permit
· A4 sized copy of Rental Contract for apartment/house
· A4 sized copy of recent Salary Slip of your spouse

3. why not? If you have other documents in hand, just ask your husband to start the process. "VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd" is the first point to contact, check details in the consulate web page!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
27.08.11 10:08 als Antwort auf Roshni Stender.
Thank you for your reply Moiin.

I think my capital lettering threw the wrong message. I meant should my husband be in Germany before we start the visa application. Not does he require a B.E emoticon

I called VFS Bangalore yesterday and they gave me a list of documents required for application and yes the house contract, work contract and pay slips are mandatory. It doesn't matter if my husband is in Bangalore or in Germany yet. He needs the German documents for the above.

On the other hand they also asked me to call the Chennai German consulate and get details from them, because VFS isn't sure how to proceed in regards to a German citizen living in India emoticon

So i have to call Chennai and they have fantastic helpline hours. 1 hour between 1 and 2 pm Monday through to Thursday.

So thanks again, and if you have any alternate information regarding this crazy process please let me know.

Cheers
Roshini
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.11 11:58 als Antwort auf Roshni Stender.
Dear Roshini,

I am going through the exact same process as you or rather I am about to start the application process. I would really be grateful for any advice you could give me based on your experience. My husband is also German and we are trying to figure out visa process. We are also getting our marriage registered in India under the Special Marriage Act. Is that a complicated process? Was an NOC or marriageability certificate required?

Thanks in advance. Would appreciate any pointers you could share.

Best,
Laal
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3