Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Autocomplete (Help)

Toggle
Autocomplete (Help)
Answer
7/8/08 1:36 PM
Hi *,

As many people come around asking where they could find jobs, which good IT companies there are in Germany and so on, I intend to launch a free and open directory of all the IT companies in Germany. The directory should be built by people who will themselves enter the company name and some details about it and people who know the companies or have worked for the companies can make a small review and score the company, thus helping other to get a particular view on the company.

And here comes the help I need: when it comes to enter to company details, there are 2 fields (state and city), the first being a drop-down menu and the second a text field which should use an auto-complete functionnality which should look up the cities in the particular choosen state.
The 16 German States and 2073 German cities are already stored in a database.

In case we have some autocomplete gurus around here, I would kindly ask someone to implement this functionnality so that I could integrate it to the directory.

The site is made with PHP with a MySQL database to keep cost low.

I think it's some kinda good idea and I would like someone to help me on this. Feel free to answer here or to drop me a mail a daolwin on hotmail dot com.

Thx.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Autocomplete (Help)
Answer
7/11/08 2:36 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi t7 members,

'D.' alias 'Nobody' helps so many, isn't there anybody who can help him!?

A nice weekend to all of you
und viele Grüße aus Berlin
Detlef :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 2:56 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@nobody

Suggestion from my side, use AJAX to get it done. I have a live example using asp.net, but PHP is greek and latin to me. If you want the .net example then i can send it to you.

Regards
S
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 3:20 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@NoBody

Try using JQuery, here is a demo.

http://jquery.bassistance.de/autocomplete/demo/
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7