Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

change of employer

Toggle
change of employer
Answer
12/8/05 5:01 PM
Hi,

I am here in Germany for the last 10 months on work permit. recently my employer had it extended for the next year as well.

However, now I wish to change to another company in Germany. Will my work permit be invalid and I'll have to apply afresh ? any other way out? Any idea how much time /cost it'll take approximately ?

Kindly suggest.
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Re: change of employer
Answer
12/8/05 5:24 PM as a reply to S R.
Hi Savera

Just told us what your visa says exactly and maybe we can help you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 5:35 PM as a reply to S R.
"Will my work permit be invalid and I'll have to apply afresh ?", yes if your WP is linked to your company, which is more than probable.
"any other way out?", get yourself a BE or an EG but in your case it's impossible.
"Any idea how much time /cost it'll take approximately", no cost and a couple of weeks because you'll go thru AMC.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 9:09 PM as a reply to S R.
Dear NoBody and YO1,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

As indicated, my work permit is indeed linked to my employer. So I'll have to do it afresh.

Can I get it done in Germany only, or I have to go to India necessarily and get the work permit again from there?

In fresh cases , the work permit takes 6-8 weeks....its good to know that a re-do would take only a couple of weeks !

Thanks again,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/05 12:11 PM as a reply to S R.
As indicated, my work permit is indeed linked to my employer. So I'll have to do it afresh, you got it.

Can I get it done in Germany only, or I have to go to India necessarily and get the work permit again from there?, you're already here, so no need to go back there for that.

In fresh cases , the work permit takes 6-8 weeks....its good to know that a re-do would take only a couple of weeks !, well, when I meant a couple of weeks, it wasn't 2 or 3, it that the amount you wrote. It could take less time, but it could take more too, because the AMC is kinda boresome to do: checking if there's a German registered wit AA who can do that, then searching if there's a EU member registered with AA who can do that...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18