Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Need Help: ALG-I & II and Elterngeld's effect on Citizenship

Toggle
Need Help: ALG-I & II and Elterngeld's effect on Citizenship
citizenship elternzeit alg i and ii
Answer
11/24/15 11:23 AM
Dear Trust7 members,

I worked for about 6 years in Geramny and holds NE. I just wanted to clarify some points and need your valuable suggestions:

1) ALG-Ieffect on citizenship. A person at Arbeitagentur said ALG-I is a social help. should I avoid ALG-I if I want to apply for citizenship later on ? or its not true ?

2) Nationality of new born: I have NE since 3 years + total stay of 8 years (Staatsangehörigkeitsgesetz § 4 StaG (3) is fulfilled). In Bayern is it enough for German nationality of baby ? should I initiate any process before hand ?

3) Elterngeld'seffect on citizenship: If I take Elterngeld since my limited job contract is finishing .. will it effect my citizenship application if I apply after finding a new job ?? If not, can one take Elterngeld as an alternative of ALG-I to avoid any risk in citizenship ?

4) I have job until March 2016 and person at Einbürgurungsamt has given me application form for my citizenship and asked me to submit on 01.01.2016. So I am really confused about all these things as what should be my priorities now..

To set my priorities right... I would need suggestions and valuable ideas from experienced people on this forum.

Thank you !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I searched this forums and google to clarify these points but I couldn't found precise information. Here is the thread which I found on Trust7: http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/103972
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Important point: ALG-I & II and Elternzeit
Answer
11/23/15 10:09 AM as a reply to scor pion.
Hallo Ali,

I also cannot give you much information on the topics that you hv queries but i can share some known info (pl. verify them with other user replies).

First of all, to apply for citizenship the best would be to hold a permanent or contract job with necessary german level certificates and einbürgerungs test to avoid any kind of rejections or delays.

1. If your employer has a reason to terminate your job contract then he should provide the reason in letter which might help you to file ALG 1 and hopefully you will not have problems in citizenship process. If it is because of performance level then it might be difficult.

2. Usually if anyone has an NE, then the child gets german citizenship i guess, but he has the choice to decide till 18 or so whether he would like to be german or take up your nationality.

3. Elternzeit can be taken but how long can you take 2months i suppose or can you also take 14 months?, i cannot comment much on this.

4. You can think what is best for you, like if you get ALG1 with specific reason from employer then you may choose that. If you are eligible for 14 months elternzeit then it should also be ok and the best would be to get a job till march or april 2016.

i cannot guarantee that above information should be the basis for your decision.

good luck

Basbrem
0 (2 Votes)

Answer
11/23/15 11:31 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Dear Basbrem,

Thank you very much for your comment. I think your points are very valid and in this case I will not apply for citizenship in January.

Just to mention: I am working in as research associate with project based contract and its funding will finish in March.
Based on your comment I hope ALG-I will not harm my citizenship application if I will apply after finding a new job ?

Thanks again !
with Best wishes.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/23/15 12:31 PM as a reply to scor pion.
Hallo Ali,

No problem.

Yes, i think so. you may find a job and you will hv probation period and hopefully during that time if you apply for your citizenship, it should be ok i guess.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/23/15 1:08 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Bas Brem:
Hallo Ali,

No problem.

Yes, i think so. you may find a job and you will hv probation period and hopefully during that time if you apply for your citizenship, it should be ok i guess.

BR
Basbrem
Thanks again !!

Truly appreciate your valuable comments !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/24/15 11:58 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Bas Brem:
Hallo Ali,
No problem.

BR, Basbrem
I am sorry to bother you again ! I asked the officials in my city and they said that I can get Elterngeld (67% of my salary) for upto 14 months.

Now I have option of either taking elterngeld or ALG-I.. I think I can't take both right ?  From citizenship point of view which option do you think will be better.

Actually due to personal reasons, I want to stay at home during first 3-4 months of baby and at the same time I don't want any risk for citizenship chance later on after starting a new job.

Sorry to ask too many questions !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/24/15 3:12 PM as a reply to scor pion.
Hallo Ali,

I cannot comment much on this.

Some body who has gone through this should post here (search well in the forum).

From my side, may be Elterngeld (you have a reason as a responsibility to take care of your child) is a good option but i do not know the consequence on citizenship process.

Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/15 11:03 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Bas Brem:
Hallo Ali,

I cannot comment much on this.

Some body who has gone through this should post here (search well in the forum).

From my side, may be Elterngeld (you have a reason as a responsibility to take care of your child) is a good option but i do not know the consequence on citizenship process.

Basbrem
Thanks again for your reply !

With Best Wishes.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/15 4:31 PM as a reply to scor pion.
Can someone with similar experience or having another option please comment .. ??

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18