Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

freelancing with spouse visa

Toggle
freelancing with spouse visa
Answer
11/28/08 3:41 PM
since 3 months my wife is here in germany from india on a dependent visa ..now she has found a part time job(freelance) in a call centre. Want to know she has to get permission from auslanderamt for working as a freelancer? or is it that she cant work for two years even as a freelancer?
she might be earning above 400 euros, so will she have to pay too much in all kind of taxes?
It would nice to if someone could help me out....
thanks n cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Re: freelancing with spouse visa
Answer
11/28/08 4:42 PM as a reply to raj sree.
Does she already has a work permit on her visa, ie, does her visa allows to work as employee first?

If she has already a work permit on her visa then to change to freelancer you still need to visit the ABH and they might give freelance permission, but due to integration courses sponsored by govt, it is unlikely they give a freelance permission in the first year.

For salary wise, I guess for Tax class 5 , does not have much difference as long as it stays just above 400 and yes she has to pay all the mandatory stuff(health insurance, pension, arbeitslos insurance etc etc)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/28/08 4:56 PM as a reply to raj sree.
thnaks rajendr for the prompt reply.....
well regarding the work permit...she is allowed to work with the 'permission from auslanderamt'.
so do u mean that only after the integration course she can do any kind f freelancing?thats strange indeed...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/28/08 6:39 PM as a reply to raj sree.
Its not strange as the integration course goes for about 6 months and they need a certificate for the next extension.
So giving any work permit would hinder the integration course which is the objective for them so that newcomers integrate quickly..

However, the decision lies with the officer to give the permission. As you said they didn't give work permit straight away but "with the permission from ABH". That speaks all about it. The officer might see wt type of work , whether it would affect the integration process.. its simple thought process..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/08 1:57 PM as a reply to raj sree.
thanks for the reply...my wife has got the freelancing permit from the ABH. Now i wanted to be very clear about the taxes she has to pay if she plans to work more and earn more.do u have any idea about the annual income ceiling below which you dont have to pay an income tax???
Is it better that I got o a tax consultant??if anyone knows an english speakin consultant in Münster NRW, do provide me the details........
cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 1:21 PM as a reply to raj sree.
If you still need a tax consultant, I can refer you for a help.
Cheers,

W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 1:40 PM as a reply to raj sree.
look at the following link

https://www.abgabenrechner.de/uebersicht_ekst/index.jsp
and choose

Einkommensteuerbelastung --> Splittingtabelle

Combine both your earnings and calculate accordingly.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 3:09 PM as a reply to raj sree.
Thanks raj for the table...its only til 2005 n i think things havent changed much...
@wildflower
It would be nice if you could give some information aboutt ax consultants....
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 3:31 PM as a reply to raj sree.
which state and city are you located?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 4:08 PM as a reply to raj sree.
hi raj,
I work in Münster, NRW...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 4:37 PM as a reply to raj sree.
Unfortunately I can give references only in Frankfurt and Münich. But if you are interested in doin the stuff without personally meeting the Steuerberater, then give me your contact e-mail and i will forward the information
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 5:57 PM as a reply to raj sree.
It will be nice if you could give me the info..
frlncr1976@googlemail.com
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/08 8:39 PM as a reply to raj sree.
@Freelancer1234

Could you please let us know the steps that you went through in getting the freelancing permit for a wife? Are there any req. to fulfill in order to get freelancing permit? Does it help in any way in easying the process if the husband has a german passport or NE ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/08 10:02 AM as a reply to raj sree.
It would be nice if you could give some information aboutt ax consultants....
Cheers
@Freeelancer1234

Cheers,
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/09 6:15 PM as a reply to raj sree.
Could you please let us know the steps that you went through in getting the freelancing permit for a wife? Are there any req. to fulfill in order to get freelancing permit? Does it help in any way in easying the process if the husband has a german passport or NE ?
To @ssdkssdk
i think if ur husband has a NE it wont be a problem to do freelance work...If you are on a dependent visa check with ur visa office n get a permission to work as a freelancer...
cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/09 6:18 PM as a reply to raj sree.
@wildflower
As of now im waiting Raj's mail about teh tax consultants he knows in frankfurt n Munich....
At toytown forum they epattax consultancy provides good advice......
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/09 6:19 PM as a reply to raj sree.
@Raj
It would be nice if you could send me an email about the english speaking tax consultants you know in Germany....
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/09 6:41 PM as a reply to raj sree.
@freelancer1234

sorry for the late reply. I have sent the information to your mail now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/09 7:00 PM as a reply to raj sree.
thanks for the mail Raj
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK