Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue Card says I have to work for my employer for 2 years

Toggle
Hi All, 
          I came to Germany 8 months ago under the payroll of a local Germany company. I got my blue card a month after coming here. My query is reagarding a clause written in my bluecard  which says I have to work for my current employer for 2 years. My card is having a total validity for 4 years, Is it possbile for  me to switch to another employer before completing 2 years with my current employer, will their be any legal issues if I do that. I have a contract with my current employer which says I can break my contract by paying a sum of 2500 Euros and with 1 month notice period. But even if i pay that amount, would it be possbile to for me to get a new job using my existing blue card or will it be revoked if I quit from my current employer which is mentioned in my Blue card.

Thanks in Advance,
Bince
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue Card says I have to work for my employer for 2 years
Answer
11/10/15 6:32 PM as a reply to Bince Mathew.
Hi,
you can change your employer at any time. Within the first 2 years you have to inform your local foreigner office and as long as the new contract fulfills the requirements of the Blue Card rules, the change is no problem at all.

I wonder if the clause of paying 2.000,- € is a legal clause? I would check this.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3