Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Parttime jobs and Visa extension

Toggle
Parttime jobs and Visa extension
Answer
1/2/10 1:31 AM
Dear All,

I completed my MSc. in Germany and have been working for two years in a company. due to recession my company did not extend my contract and I am out of job for more than 4 months. Recently I received a teaching position in a University for only about 20hrs a week but with contract.

My question is when I go for visa extension next time will I have any problems beacause the job is only for 20hrs. I plan to occupy my self for the next 20hrs but I have not found any yet.

Somewhere I heard that it should not be a problem if the salary exceeds 1200 Euros.

Could any one advice i detail whether I should take this offer..

thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Parttime jobs and Visa extension
Answer
1/3/10 2:25 PM as a reply to Mahesh Ram.
That can depend on the Bundesland you are in, but I think usually for academic positions minimum salary requirement is a bit lower than for industry. From what you wrote I think you got a halbestlelle of wissenschaftlicher mitarbeiter, it used to be the lowest position you could still get a visa. University usually puts in contract the salary that agrees with the requirements of ausländeramt. With 3/4-stelle there's no problem for sure. Still, if it's 1200 brutto then it sounds a bit low to me since the point is your salary, not hours.
What do you mean by occupying yourself for the next 20 hrs? Another halbestelle position at the same university? Not sure it will be allowed, best thing is to try to get 3/4 or full position.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Parttime jobs and Visa extension
Answer
1/4/10 7:39 PM as a reply to Mahesh Ram.
Dear mkorobeinik1,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I still have not got the contract from the University because of holidays. But guess everything will go fine. The job is for 20 hrs a week and the lady from Human Resources had told me that I will be paid according to "Entgeltgruppe 10 Stufe 2 TV-L".

Simultaneously, I attended an interview in another company and they told me that they could not pay me much and I can even consider doing the job partime.

So I wish to combine these two for the moment to survive the crisis. If I combine them I should definetely get more than 1200 Euros.

My aim is to be occupied in my field of work and get through my next Visa extension which is due at the end of this year.

Do you foresee any problems during the next Visa interview, doing two jobs instead of one fulltime job?

Thanks again and wish you a great start in this year.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott