Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

German work contract for Indian

Toggle
German work contract for Indian
Answer
6/23/10 8:04 PM
Dear friends,

I am working with Indian company now, this Indian company is distributor for one of the German company based in Stuttgart. Now the German company wants me to work as their employee in India. They told me that they will offer German work contract to me. I want to know whether this is legally accepted or will I have some problem later because of working for German company in India.

Looking forward for your advice, whether I should accept this offer or not.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks and regards
K. Chandrasekar
currently in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German work contract for Indian
Answer
6/24/10 11:36 PM as a reply to Kannan Chandrasekar.
What do they mean my German work contract?
Are they paying German salaries?
If you are working in India you are subject to Indian labour laws and you pay taxes in India.

If they are paying German salary accept it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/10 5:06 PM as a reply to Kannan Chandrasekar.
Hai,

To be clear to you,
German company is ready to sign a contract with me to work for them in India. Currently they don't have office in India. I have to work from home for them.

The salary will be deposited by German company to my bank account directly in Indian rupees. I am ready to pay the taxes in India, I don't have any issues.

According to our labour law is it valid, whether German company can hire person from India, is it legally approved ?

Please clarify.

Thanks
Chandru
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/10 5:41 PM as a reply to Kannan Chandrasekar.
Looks good. But get some issues clarified / checked first.

1. Paid as Salary or Paid per Hr.

2. If Salary paid, what are the plans for
Performance checks and how are the Salary
increments, promotions etc dealt.

3. Would they allow to work with you through a
consultancy company, if yes - Setup a company and charge them per Hr. It is like running your own business, but at the same time working for yourself under your company and already have a client in hand.

4. Because you are going to sign an agreement
with these guys directly, make sure that there are
no legal issues involved with the current company you are working for. They could sue you and also the German company.

and lastly i suggest you to contact a Lawyer and also a Good Tax consultant who has knowledge in these kind of issues. I am sure Forum can help but this is not a Professional / authorised advice, but a pure support to one another.

and my disclaimer : The advice/Suggestions above are not binding to any legal or contractual terms.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/2/10 10:09 AM as a reply to Kannan Chandrasekar.
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I will discuss with Tax consultant and lawyer about my current situation.

Regards
K. Chandrasekar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/10 12:02 PM as a reply to Kannan Chandrasekar.
Chandru,

I have had similar situation. I can refer to a tax consultant/lawyer in Frankfurt who focuses on Indian clients. He is bit expensive but a clear english speaker and can give good advice. Feel free to write to me if you need help. vebalu@yahoo.com

Thanks.
B
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3