Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit +VISA for Wife

Toggle
Work permit +VISA for Wife
Answer
2/22/06 11:55 AM
Hi,

I have a BE and my wife was a student here and now she wants to change her visa staus as my wife. We are registered as married coulple since last jan 2005.
Somebody in this forum mentioned that if one of the partner has BE then the other partner gets EG Automatically. (Section 29. ) But i checked this section and could not verify this statement. It would be nice for me if the section really says that My wife willl get EG.
Can anybody help me with the present law and what kind of work permit my wife will get or i can Claim to AB.

I started to work with GC in 2004 and got BE in 2005. I came to germany as a student in 2002 and My wife came here in 2003 and we got married in 2005 Jan.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

br
reza
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit +VISA for Wife
Answer
2/22/06 12:27 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
i dont think it is mentioned anywhere that if the husband has BE then the wife gets EG, thats why you didnt find anything about it. It applies only if the husband has EG or higher. If others dont reply try searching for 'spouse work permit' in the search functionality.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 12:43 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
Dunno if I can find a document to back my words up, but as far as I remember, in case you are married for at least 2 years and recognized so on the German ground, the partner gets the same WP as the one who got it, so she should get a BE normally.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 2:29 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
If you have a real BE, meaning bound at most to IT, then you can already try to get the BE for your wife. If you get it or not (I speak for your wife about a BE without AMC), it all depends on the interpretation ABH gives to §46(2)BeschV according to which you probably got your BE.

In any case, in 2007 when you make 2 years maried in Germany, she should have no problem getting a BE without AMC.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 9:51 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
@resaleh
You came to Germany in 2002 as a student and got BE in 2005, how it is possible? Can you please tell about this, how did you got this status of BE? Becuase i also came here as a student 3 years before and now working here more than 1 year.
Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/06 12:44 AM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
@UMTS
TO be honest I didnot know about BE till I started to read discussions from this site. Last year i went to ABH and gave it. Its only 1 year and 6 months i am working here. But i think the § 46 explains the reason.
br
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/06 12:32 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
@reza,

Does this §46 law is also applicable for the people who received work permit on or after 01.Jan 2005?

Regards,

Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/06 1:06 PM as a reply to Reza Saleh.
I think the law says that its valid only of you had WP before 31 Dec 2004. OS for 2005 it will not be case.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott