Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Passport for a new born child

Toggle
Passport for a new born child
Answer
9/24/09 5:47 PM
Hi All,

We are expecting a baby in October, Could any one of you please let me know the formalities that need to be followed in obtaining a passport and OCI card for the new born baby.

We both are having Indian passports.

(1.) Is there a time limit for informing the Indian Embassy and about the birth of the baby?

(2.) What are the things that need to be done here in Germany at the Ausländeramt for the baby?

(3.) How, when and where to apply for the OCI card?

Thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Passport for a new born child
Answer
9/24/09 6:18 PM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
Hi!

3) I don´t think your baby will need an OCI card as he/she will get an Indian passport.

'We both are having Indian passports'.

You will have to apply at the Indian consulate for the baby´s passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/09 6:21 PM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
i. No time limit...apply for the kids passport when u get the Birth Certificates from Standesamt. Normal duration is 4 weeks from date of application. A copy of the certificate will do along with the application. Dont forget to register ur kid as an Indian citizen with the Consulate in ur jurisdiction.

ii. You have to apply for various Birth certificates at the Standesamt. This now is mostly done by the hospital verwaltung. Check this with ur hospital.

The ABH automatically recieves info on the birth and will contact u by post regarding the residence permit for the newborn. Just a matter of getting the RP sticker on the new passport when it arrives. Keep them informed of any delays in recieving the new passort from the Indian consulate.

iii. AFAIK....the kid is not eligible for OCI when both parents hold Indain passport.....others correct me if I'm wrong

Me did all the above a coupl'v months back at the Consulate in Munich...ur best chance, all by urself at the Oktoberfest;)

JH
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/09 6:31 PM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
The kid is eligible for German passport if atleast one of the parents is staying in Germany for more than 8 years, even if they are non-German citizens.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/09 6:56 PM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
@maya

and of those 8 years, they should have NE for last 3 years, otherwise no chance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/09 7:16 PM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
Thakyou all for your suggestions.

I browsed the Indian Consulate site in Munich and there I found a column about child's passport

"Marriage certificate of the parents, duly attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, PV Division, New Delhi or by the home department of the applicant’s home state."

The thing is we do not have our Marriage copy attested as mentioned above, would it be a blocking point for applying baby's passport.
please clarify!

Thanks in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/09 1:46 AM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
nope...not necessary...i called the Consulate in Munich when i applied for my kids passport to clarify!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/09 1:58 AM as a reply to Dora Swamy Naidu Raghavarapu.
@raj2009
I think having 3 years of NE is not necessary.

follow the link below.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/diplo/en/Infoservice/FAQ/Staatsangehoerigkeit/05a-leben_20in_20Deutschland.html
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott