Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Average salary for an electrical engineer

Toggle
Hi folks,

Can anybody tell me about the salary expectation for a job in a microelectronics company with 3 year work exp ?

I have a masters degree in electronics engineering. I design analog chips ( integrated circuits ) in a German company.

My current salary is actually suitable for a fresh design engineer. Nowadays it is difficult to get a job offer from other companies. So I would like to negotiate with my current boss for a good increment in salary. I mean, I want to request him to give me "a fair salary for the German market ".

Before making any quote for my expected pay, I need some advice from you regarding the average salary structure in Germany.

WR,
Buetino
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Average salary for an electrical engineer
Answer
7/2/09 2:17 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
How much is your current salary?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/2/09 2:56 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
I guess €45-48k/a for 3 yrs exp. designer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/2/09 9:39 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
--------
@Zash
--------

Around 42K.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 11:31 AM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
then go for 50-55 atleast
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 11:31 AM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
as xyxyxy said 45-48k is a fair payment for an electronics engineer with 3 years experience..

Salaries also vary depending on the size of the company and the region you live in..

50 - 55k would be difficult to achieve with 3 years experience because of the current market situation.. if you wanna get a raise more than %15 then you should consider to change the company and the job.. as the companies tend not to give raises more than %15 for their current employees.. but if you fresh start in a new company, you can always bargain your new salary even with a raise more than %15

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 1:02 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Hi
I totally agree with lacrima...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 5:23 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
http://www.ingenieur.stepstone.de/content/de/de/gehaltsstruktur.cfm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 11:59 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Hi,

The following factors would also need to be considered for the disucssion.

- the place/city where you are working
* if you are in Munich espcially then 50K - 55K might be reasonable to ask for, as one would consider about 15% or 20% difference with other East Germany locations. So, where do you work?

- The size of your company and if it is branch, what is the size
* what is your companz/branch size

- The turn over of company/branch

- As every one knows, the present market is not that encouraging. So, how is your perticular company doing, whether it can afford for that? it might sound odd but as management one would think for saving and also becos of market condition many experienced are looking for a possibility. So, it might also play a role

I am not discourraging you but would like to put to the disussion, just like that. May be other fellow mates of group might not agree!

Good luck.

If you dont mind, do share the outcome if you are going forward..which might also give a possibility to analyze the mentality of the managers in presentation situation.

-RK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/09 3:31 AM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Thanks a lot for all the replies.

--------------
@alien0in2de
--------------

Well, I live in a city near Bochum in NRW.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/09 5:15 AM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Hi folks,

Is there any art of negotiation for salary? I mean,I can not directly apply the bargaining tactics used in an Indian market !!

I would like to know the German employers' mentality. How do they typically react in a salary-negotiation meeting ? Please share your experience.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/09 12:11 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
buetino,

There is no standard formula for Salary negotiaton.

The best way is to perform/prove you are indespensable type & try to ask for more if you are underpaid. If it doesnt work you should look for a new role and move on.

Also if you are enjoying your work and gaining solid expereince, then there are ampple opportunities to earn more (beacuse you just have 3 years of Industiral experience)

Hope this helps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/09 12:18 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
dear All,

42k-55k is not a big salary if you are doing something which earns money in a company.

Please do not underestimate good work .

3 years experience after a doctorate or master should fetch you around 60K.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/09 12:57 AM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
buetino asked that question before:
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/faq_and_important_links/average_salary_for_an_electrical_engineer

havehope wrote:
42k-55k is not a big salary if you are doing something which earns money in a company.

Please do not underestimate good work .

3 years experience after a doctorate or master should fetch you around 60K.

PhD can get that money but I suspect that a MSc person can get it. Also, people 3 years of experience do rarely get salary beyond 50K in Germany.

I am digital chip designer, working in a field which is very close to the thread-starter. I have an extensive work experience of 13 years in this field. I have seen so many things in this business. I can say that 3 year-engineer, even with MSc, cannot get 50K. Very difficult.

Havehope, as far as I remember, you were a telecom engineer and you got NE wrt. NE §19.2.3 (85K salary).

Were you a Greencard holder? How long did your process take?

I am an ex-GC-holder, after 4 years I have received that NE for high-qualified people wrt NE §19.2.3 under new law changes (63K salary).

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/11 5:53 PM as a reply to Buetino Blue.
Hi All,

Iam new college graduate in Analog IC Design and I would like to know the average starting salary of an Analog IC Design Engineer in Germany?

Thanks in advance!
20tech12
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3