Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing Jobs before Blue Card Application. Urgent Advice Needed!!

Toggle
Hi All,

I am caught in a tricky situation and require your assistance. I am from India and came to Berlin on August 15th. My long term visa is valid from August 15 to Novemeber 15. I have my blue card apointment on November 30th. I already have the city hall registration and the Medical Insurance as well. My work contract is also indefinite and i have enough salary to qualify for Blue Card. The problem is my employer, He has suddeenly decided to shut the German company and is moving to another country. They have taken signed consent forms from me which states that the company will shut shop on November 30th. I do not wish to move to another country yet. So i started looking out for jobs. I am in final stages of negotiation with another company (same salary and position). Now i am in a fix as to how to deal with the situation? i cannot find a clear answer as to how to go ahead with the formalities. I already have a blue card appointment but it is set for November 30th as mentioned above. 
1. Would i need to reapply for my Visa? That would mean me leaving the country and then coming back again and i am not sure my new employer would wait that long. Would it also mean that my city hall registration and my Medical Insurance would become void?
2. Is it possible for me to apply for Blue card on my current visa if i get the new contract from the new employer and also the Federal Approval Form? (i already have the federal approval form for my old position and company)
3. Is it possible to do all this from the Indian consulate here in Berlin itself in case i need to get a new visa?

I would be really grateful if i could get your guidance about the same. I do not wish to move with my current employer since so far he has not proven to be a good fit or a caring employer
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Changing Jobs before Blue Card Application. Urgent Advice Needed!!
Answer
11/6/15 4:36 PM as a reply to Prashant.
Hi,

as soon as you have your new employment contract in hand, you should go to the foreigner office and ask for an employer change. If the new contract fulfills the Blue Card requirements (as you said) it should not be a problem.

Good luckDetlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18