Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Salary for a Graduate/Junior Position in Germany for the Semiconductor Ind.

Toggle
Hi guys,

This is my first post here.

I would like to know if there is someone here in the forum that could help me with this question.

I want to know what's the starting salary, in average, for a graduate or junior posisiton in the semiconductor industry.

Kind regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Hi, 

It varies depends on location. Could you tell me which city exactly?

Have you got positive reply from them already
0 (0 Votes)

Hi thanks for the reply.

The city is: Kirchheim/Teck-Nabern.

No, I haven't got the reply from them yet.

I am afraid that the value I gave was very low <36K€ accordingly to what I have read around the web. I must confess that the value I gave was thinking in pounds, because it's more easy to find salaries values around the web in pounds.

Should I contact the person with I talked and try to explain this, or it will be a mistake?

Kind regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Dont worry, It all depends on the situation you faced. If you are really talented, after coming here, you can ask for a hike within a year or move to another company easily with sufficient experience.

I would say If you are a bachelor degree holder without experience, 2700 to 3200 euro/month is normal. Since your location is south, they would pay minimum 3000 euro. 

So b happy.... let me know if you were offered job here. To be eligible for bluecard, you need to earn minimum € 37.752 /year(http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/).

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!

0 (0 Votes)

Hi, thanks for the comment.

The values that you're talking about is gross, correct?

If I take into account that they would pay 36000€, that translate into a 3000€ gross. So that would be the minimum, even though that was the maximum I have mentioned? Is it possible that they can offer more than that, saying that I have asked a very low value?

The problem is that I have asked those values in € but I was thinking in £, because it is more easy to find those values in £, in this case, in the UK, because they post the salary in the job ads. Do you understand what I mean?

I have a Master degree.

I am from the EU, so I don't need any bluecard ;)

0 (0 Votes)

I can understand. But first let them come up with your positive reply. 

Dont make them to think that your not a good decision maker. Once it comes for an offer, then you can bargain.

BR
0 (0 Votes)

I see. Well, it was I mistake from my side. Like I said I am used to see job ads in the UK where the salary range is posted. So I actually gave the value in £ and not € so to say. If I could answer the question again, I would mention something between 38k€ and 45k€.

I think that this does not have nothing to do with decision. It was a mistake from me, I was thinking in £ and gave that value in €.

I will wait. Thanks again for the reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott