Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Translation of visa documents from English to German?`

Toggle
Hi there,

Recently received a job offer in Munich in the IT/Software sector and since I am from Canada, I will fly here first without a visa and then do the visa applications.

I have heard rumors and even from the company's HR department, that I will need to have my degree translated.  My school is recognized with H+ on the Anabin website and I have the original degree, it is in English.

Will I need to get that translated?
If so, does it need to be notarized/certified?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Translation of visa documents from English to German?`
Answer
10/28/15 12:23 PM as a reply to Stefan Grips.
Hi,

you never know before, it depends on your case worker. Normally the English version will be accepted and in case they ask for a translation, it has to be done by a certified translator (there are many). That's it, no problem.

In case your income is less than 48.400,- € per year I recommend to ask your employer to apply for a prior approval at the Federal Employment Agency ZAV. If your income is higher, you will not need it.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/15 7:03 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks trust7.

I understand my income is less than that, but I am in a specialized field and the EU blue card is alright with it being under. 
Will the following be okay?  I am in a MINT field, so do I need to do prior approval?
http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/work-permit.html#university-degree-mint

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/15 11:40 AM as a reply to Stefan Grips.
Hi,

you need an approval for sure and the ZAV will check everything. This takes some time and the sense of 'prior' is just that they do it before you apply and you will know if you will get a work permit before you fly to Munich and your future employer will know before he spent some money for your expenses if the whole thing works our or not!

Bye
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3