Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Name change in Passport

Toggle
Name change in Passport
Answer
10/15/08 1:37 AM
Hi to all,

iam going to marry in Dec. my quetions is :
my Fiancee presently having passport with her name, but as you know after marriage her surname will change.
Do i need to change surname in her passport before applying for visa?
can you pls share u r experience?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Name change in Passport
Answer
10/15/08 11:34 AM as a reply to ka sr.
Depends on you. If you want to change her surname in official records than you have to change.

Make sure you change it before she applies for visa. If your wife enters Germany then you will have to do name change in accordance to German civil code.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 8:06 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi,
You can change of name here in Germany by an application at any Indian consulate and they charge 12 Euro for it. Then you goto Ausländerbehörde and get her name changed there due to marriage. Thats what I did in 2003 when my wife came here in Germany. Now overall the name is changed to my Surname without any problems at all. It is better to get the Surname changed at earliest otherwise you have to apply everywhere later on seperately. e.g. Medical Insurance, Anmeldung u.s.w.

Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/08 10:36 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Peasy is right. I got it changed for my wife here in Germany at indian consulate. Then got her visa stamped again with new name. It is much simple and better to do it here in Germany.

BUT it is not MUST to endorse husband name and nobody will force you to do so. For example if "Sir"name is like "Chintamani", then spouse must have option NOT to change ... ;-) ;-) ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/08 1:16 AM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi
thank you for your responses.
in india what is the procedure to change surname? do they ask Marriage reg certificate? or any other certificate?

is it possible to change before marriage?

thank you
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/09 7:59 PM as a reply to ka sr.
@ Stutt23,

what do u mean German civil code?
what i read in this forum is after her name changed just she has to go Ausländerbehörde and has to change name in her passport ( i guess need to pay 30€)(as well as for Medical Insurance, Anmeldung )

am i right? or am i missing anything?

Thank you
Sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7