Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

please help me on Elterngeld issues

Toggle
please help me on Elterngeld issues
Answer
4/27/09 1:36 AM
Hello Friends,

Plz let me know as per your understanding me or my Husband are elgible for Elterngeld or not...

1) I am an Indian citizen, My husband started working in Deutschland from Nov 2008 till date. Earlier he worked for 2 years in deutschland ,he went back to India in the year 2007,and came back to Germany with a new visa.
2) I am a house wife and having a dependent visa under the clause "gem.§ 29 i.V.m § 30 (1)AufenthG".I keep on extending my permit every 1 year.
3)My educational qualification is Masters in Computer Science.
4) My husband is paying his social security every month.
5) On my Husbands visa/residence permit following is mentioned
The name of the company is entered in the visa, the clause is "gem.§ 18(4)S.1 AufenthG" .He keep on extending his permit every 1 year.
5) I am expecting my baby by Next Month in Germany.

Could you plz let me know with the above background what do you think are we eligible to get Elterngeld, do i need to consult the lawyer
OR
we are not eligible.....

OR
Is there any way with which I sit into the eligible category...

Your inputs will be highly appreciated....

Many thanks
Sharmistha
0 (0 Votes)

Re: please help me on Elterngeld issues
Answer
6/19/09 8:02 PM as a reply to Sharmistha Datta.
hello , i am chandima and i came 2 uk 2009 January 16th as a student.i am married and my husbund is still in sri lalna. i got married in 2006 september.i need to apply him as my dependent. i have 2 months bank statements and the balance of my bank statement is £1700. i want 2 know is it enough two months bank statements for me 2 apply for him.he is also showing money from sri lanka from his account.Please advise me!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/20/09 1:35 AM as a reply to Sharmistha Datta.
Having a residence permit that permits employment is a basic requirement for elterngeld application. Your husband will therefore be eligible for "Elterngeld" unless his residence permit for the purpose of employment (§ 18 II AufenthG) has been issued for a maximum period. According to the "Beschäftigungsverordnung" this is only the case for certain jobs and won´t be the case here.

Further questions can be answered by the competent authority.

http://www.bmfsfj.de/Kategorien/aktuelles,did=88966.html

Rechtsanwalt_Jain@yahoo.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/09 12:15 PM as a reply to Sharmistha Datta.
Hi:

My wife is german and we as a family move here in the 2008. I quit my job in my country, my wife got a job here and I take care of our 2 daugthers. I had to show my salary certificate for the year prior to my small daugther birth and I got Elterngeld until she was 14 months old.

good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18