Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Why 12 weeks for work permit processing ?

Toggle
First time poster here and good information here. 

It has been 8 weeks since I applied for my German work permit and I was wondering what happens with my application after I submit it in the embassy? It would be good to know this information. Does the local German athaurities contact my employer for verification or something? Are there any other steps that happen ?

It would be nice if other recent applicants could share there experiences in terms of how long did they have to wait before they heard from the embassy. 

Thanks for your help. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Why 12 weeks for work permit processing ?
Answer
10/11/15 11:46 AM as a reply to Bali J.
Hi,

you have to tell us where in the world you applied, before we can tell you if 8 weeks waiting period is normal or not.

Bye

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/11/15 1:53 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks for responding Detlef. I am an Indian passport holder and I have applied for a German work permit.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/15 2:01 PM as a reply to Bali J.
Hi again,

for India it is not normal! You should get a response or your visa within 2 or 4 weeks, depending on the amount of salary, if you would have a prior approval letter it is possible to get the visa in a couple of days.

Contact the involved visa office and/or your future employer in Germany.

Good luck

Detlef
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/11/15 2:58 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thanks Detlef,

If you are talking about 'Approval by Federal Employment Agency' then my employer did not provide me with that document. I had applied for the work permit without it. My occupation comes under the 'shortage list' and my salary was above minimum requirement.

I will write to the Embassy.
After I submit my application, is the employer also contacted by the local authorities in Germany for verification or anything else ?

Thanks again for your prompt responses. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/15 4:14 PM as a reply to Bali J.
Normally your employer will not be contacted!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/15 10:53 AM as a reply to trust7.
I emailed the Embassy and they quickly resonded back saying 'Feedback of the German domestic authorities is still pending'. They have also mentioned that 'Please note that processing might take upto 12 weeks, and in some cases, even longer'. They further advised me to refrain from further queries as they have no means of speedning up the process. 

They seem to have a track of my application. I suppose things are still under process. Do you think the refugee situation has something to do with the delays ? Although I hope not. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/15 11:23 AM as a reply to Bali J.
The Embassy/Consulate has to ask the ZAV in case you do not present a prior approval. 

It is possible that the refugee situation causes delays, because many officers from other departments are send to the refugee registration places to help.

I do not know!

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/15 12:30 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thank you for all your responses Detlef. It has been most helpful. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott