Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Can a GC get permission to do study....

Toggle
Can a GC get permission to do study....
Answer
11/25/05 5:54 PM
Normally a GC cannot do any studies. This is stamped in the visa. After working here for more than 3 years and living for more than 4 years, is it possible to apply for removal of this condition.

In other words, instead of getting a student visa, can a GC simply get permission to study on his GC visa.

1. Is there any law that supports this?

2. Are there any disadvantages of getting student visa or in other words loosing a GC visa?

3. Does getting scholarship makes any difference from the point of view of law?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can a GC get permission to do study....
Answer
11/26/05 3:54 PM as a reply to Vicky Singh.
"Normally a GC cannot do any studies. This is stamped in the visa."

Really ? never heard that.. at least mine does not have such a restriction.

1-) If you continue to work and do the studies in your free-time and evenings, I dont see a problem. BUT if you quit working and start a full-time course, then you might have problems and you may need to change your residence permit.

2-) Ofcourse. Your ticking clock for getting unlimeted residence permit will be reset and it will restart from 0 at the day you get again a residence permit which allows you to work full-time.

3-) I dont think so. Financial coverage is important but the source of it not that important I guess.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can a GC get permission to do study....
Answer
11/27/05 1:29 AM as a reply to Vicky Singh.
new thread: is studying after GC such a bad option
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18