Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Freelance visa....

Freelance visa....
Antwort
11.05.09 18:42
I live in Germany since 2005. My husband works here and I had Dependant Visa. Last month I've found a job as a freelance(Freie mitarbeiter) programmer. When I approached the Auslaenderbehoerde for workpermit, my case manager said that since we have already completed our 3 years stay in Germany, my husband can get a workpermit that is not bound to a company. Once his status is changed, mine also gets changed automatically it seems. She said with the new status I am automatically eligible to work anywhere in Germany BUT I am not allowed to be self-employed (Selbstaendigkeit nicht erlaubt). She's a nice lady and recommends that its easier to get this status and asked me to check with my would-be employer whether this status is enough for them to give me this job. She said When the company says this is not sufficient then we can apply for Selbstaendig status. She feels that it a more complicated procedure and takes lot of time.
Well, now my question is that - will the open work permit be sufficient to work as Freie Mitarbeterin? In my case, I dont think I've to call myself self-employed. Because I am not going to develop something and sell. I am going to sit there in their office and develop something as per their requirement. Does anybody had a similar case? Is the open work permit be sufficient to work as Freie Mitarbeterin?If not - Am I eligible for applying for the Selbstaendig status. Is it complicated? Should my would be employer has to do something inorder to get Selbstaendig status for me???

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott