Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German work Permit assistance

Alternar
German work Permit assistance
Respuesta
18/05/09 11:34
Hello,
My Name is Nitin Prasad from Bangalore(India),I am a Software Engineer with over 5 (five) years of expereince in Software industries.I am currently working in Bangalore for past 5 years.I have done BIT(Bachelor of Information technology ,3 years Graduation Degree) & six months Post graduation in Advance Software Development & Design.

I have been to Erlangen,Germany twice last year 2008 for some Project work for our client ( A major footwear company ,German based).

I am looking for job opportunity in Germany ,and intrested in German work Permit.

Brief information about me mentioned here -

Name -Nitin Prasad
Date of Birth - 21/05/1980
Marital Status -Married
Dependents -two(Spouse & 2 years old son)
Language known- English ,Hindi(Indian Language)
German Language- No
Profession Exp -5.5 Years in Information technology
German Visa- Schengen Visa (March 2008 to Sep 2008)
Visited Germany -Twice in year 2008.

I would request you to please let me know the procedure for applying German Work Permit and also the prerequisite.

Thanks with warm regards
Nitin Prasad
0 (0 Votos)

Re: German work Permit assistance
Respuesta
18/05/09 12:09 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
@ Nitin Prasad

First of all, you need to find a job in Germany. When you have a job offer, then contact German Embassy/Consulate near to you and apply for work visa.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/05/09 12:48 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
Mr. Prasad,I would advice you during this recession time if you have a good job in India then be happy with it instead of finding one here.
Job situation is not the same anymore in US or Europe especially in IT field,even if you manage to find a job here its a big risk as the chances of loosing the job during probation is very high now.
You being a family guy better don't take this risk and wait till the recession is over and the economy gets stronger.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/05/09 9:46 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
Thanks Raj,
It's a good suggestion as per current market situation.
I am planning to go by this year end (nov-dec),so i hope by that time the market should be in good position.
If i apply for a work permit in August,so by October i can expet the Work permit to get stamped.

I searched a lot in internet for Work Permit prerequisite ,everywhere it is mentioned I need a job offer before i apply for Work Permit.
I already applied for few jobs in Germany through job portal but there is no response from any one of them.So i am quite dishearted.

If you know any Job Portal or any company/Consultant details ,who/where i can apply for Jobs in Germany then please share those links/details.I will be thankful to you for the same.

Nitin
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/05/09 11:25 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
"I already applied for few jobs in Germany through job portal but there is no response from any one of them"

To be honest with you Nitin. The chances are almost null for you to get a job in Germany at the current economic situation where several Software Engineers are being laid off and present at the job market, when you sit over there in India without even having the possibility to come over for a face-to-face interview.

With all due Respect, Software Engineer with 5 years experience is nothing special, unless you are specialized and a world known Expert in a specific area of Computer Science which is high on demand in the market.

When the economy picks up though, you may stand a good chance. Now is just bad timing.. and I sincerely don't think that the economy will pick up till the end of this year. If it does, the effect on the job market will be seen with 3-4 months delay so your Nov-Dec plan wont work either way..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/05/09 11:53 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
Don't get disheartened but what Lacrima said is the reality and chances are almost null for a software engineer in current scenario,it's only going to be worse nothing going to change in the next few years.
Also in Germany employers prefer to have face to face interview than telephonic like in US or UK so no third party for fake interview,and unless you don't have a job contract here you cannot get a work permit.Its not that you can just apply for a work permit when you like,only when you have the job contract your employer apply for the work permit and you Visa is bound to that employer.
To be honest its just waste to look at the jobs on job portals,i know many jobs on job pilot which still exist whereas they already recruited people almost a year ago.
Believe me there are now many software engineers with more than 5 years exp out of job here unable to find one anyway keep trying but if you are not fluent in German then i would say its impossible to even get a chance for interview.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/05/09 14:31 en respuesta a Nitin Prasad.
Thanks lacrima & Raj

It's really good to see your quick response.
Now i will rethink my planning.

thanks again
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3