Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Working student´s question!!!

Toggle
Working student´s question!!!
Answer
4/19/06 1:32 PM
Hi all,

I am a Master student here in Germany.I have worked as student (Software Developper mit J2EE schwerpunkt) in one company for 5 months and 3 months in another company.My contract is going to finish this week in the last company.I have not get another job yet,but searching for a new one.
I have paid RV and AV during the 8 months I have been working.I have been always working on part-time basis (20h/week)...
My question is:
Can I claim any Arbeitlosgeld if I don´t find a job during May 2006?
If yes, what is the procedure?
Thx in advance for your replies.
Jordan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Working student´s question!!!
Answer
4/19/06 2:12 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
5 months + 3 months = 8 months * 30 = ca. 240 days < 360 days -> not eligible for ALG.

See http://www.rechtspraxis.de/arbgeld.html

Wer hat Anspruch auf Arbeitslosengeld?

Voraussetzung für den Bezug von Arbeitslosengeld ist, dass in der der Arbeitslosigkeit vorangegangenen Rahmenfrist von drei Jahren mindestens 360 Tage beitragspflichtig gearbeitet wurde, also Beiträge zur Arbeitslosenversicherung gezahlt wurden.

Arbeitslosengeld können somit nur diejenigen beziehen, die in einem beitragspflichtigen Beschäftigungsverhältnis gearbeitet haben, arbeitslose Beamte zum Beispiel nicht.

Arbeitslosengeld wird nicht gleich, aber zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt gewährt, wenn bei der Beendigung des Beschäftigungsverhältnisses die maßgeblichen Kündigungsfristen nicht eingehalten werden. Der Leistungsanspruch ruht während der gesamten Kündigungsfrist, längstens ein Jahr. Allerdings lebt er an dem Tag wieder auf, am dem der Arbeitslose einen Beitrag in Höhe von 60% der Abfindung verdient hätte, wenn er weiterhin gearbeitet und sein bisheriges Entgelt erzielt hätte. Dieser Betrag kann auf bis zu 25% sinken. Dies ist abhängig von Faktoren wie Alter und Betriebszugehörigkeit. Wichtig: Die Dauer des Anspruchs wird insgesamt nicht verkürzt.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/19/06 2:40 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
If at all you try to claim Arbeitlos geld being a student your visa can be cancelled with immediate effect by the beamter. So finger weg till you find a permanent job!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/06 6:31 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
I would suggest you not to approach to any Amt for claiming your ArlG. By law, you are eligible to work here 90 days or 180 half-days as a student. So be careful also on this issue, otherwise you could be kicked-out of De.

I wish you a success to find a job in the coming months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/06 8:19 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Thx all of you for your advice.
I was afraid of how to finance my living from next month...But now,I have got a new job offer today.
I will start from next month itself.
Hope to join the club of permanent employees after graduating.
Do you have any idea of how is the chance of a fresh graduate Master in IT to get job in DE within these days?
Jordan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/06 7:39 PM as a reply to Karim Lawani.
Hello Jordan,
Atleast you are getting some part time jobs as a student.After your graduating it will be more worser.....keep your student status on and try to pick up some heavy part time job.
Not to discourage you but thats what i feel.

takecare
Pramod.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3