Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Extra NebenKosten demand from the Owner!

Toggle
Hi All,

I have a strange situation!

To explain, I lived in an apartment for year 2008. I have paid all the rent(Kalt Meite + Neben Kosten) in time. Changed the apartment in Dec 2008 and shifted to a new one. The contract was completed and my Kaution amount was also handed over to me.

In Dec 2009, I recieve a letter from the company (maintaining the apartments) saying I owe an amount of 300Euros for using Water and Heating facilities. And I get an explaination or details of the usage of water and heating for the whole apartment and that is divided according to the size of the apartment.

Now the question is, Is this kind of payments common, Should I go ahead and pay this? Is there anyone else who has come across such a situation?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Extra NebenKosten demand from the Owner!
Answer
2/1/10 3:28 PM as a reply to Roopashri Rajasekhar.
Hi,

Yes you have to pay. Since the yearly cost was not calculated at the time when you left the apartment. Heating and Water reading is done from different or same company and they send the total bill to the owner of the building some were in the middle of the year or beginning of new year.

Please check carefully the bill and the amount of usage. If you are single and does´nt use so much of heating and water than normally your nebenkost covers it. If you are married with kids than usage will be more than you expect.

BR.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18