Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC extension

Toggle
GC extension
Answer
11/10/04 9:04 PM
For some reson there is no reply button to use so i have to make a new entry in reply to coolben.

I am currently applying for an extension of my WP and it seems like in Arbeitsamt folks are still not aware how to deal with us - what became clear is that this week they will be briefed on the issue and then perhaps will be more aware. To answer your question, it is never too early to apply as it takes time. When they know better they will deal with applications I guess. In what way...well...hm, if the news about the new law and its application are any close to the truth, it may seem like all will be rather fluent. Hopefully. Till now it is not.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC extension
Answer
11/11/04 1:34 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hi xio,

Thanks for you message. Last monday i visited Arbeitsamt, (they could understand only little of my broken german). But as far as i understood, they are not sure about the new law and whats gonna happen next. But anyway i have asked my employer to start processing.

Isn't it strange that "New Reply" button is not avaialble for some post.

Ben
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC extension
Answer
11/11/04 3:02 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Okay. I have been meanwhile getting some rather strange replys from Arbeitsamt who claim that people of academic standing (read university degree) are under a different clause and I should have not been given a green card in the first place, but treated under a different law. It could have been amusing if one's affairs did not depend on that. Yet, once again, if you have paper work to be done, do it early - surprises are endless.

Oh, and broken german is better than none - at least it proves to them that you are _trying_.

Right on!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18